Are you Going to get a Job?

Gabby's POV

When I heard Matt ask me whether I was going to go back to work when we decide to buy a new place, I was shocked. "So, let me get this straight....I need to go back to work before you consider buying a house? Does that mean you want to rent until I start working again?" Matt looked at me, knowing I was going to get mad. "Gabby, relax. My income will not be enough. Think about it. We have food to buy, stuff for Matteo, a mortgage, utilities."

I nodded and realized that was why he asked. I should've have yelled because he's right. There's no way, at least in a few months, that Matt is going to be able to make enough money in order to pay for everything. "I mean, you say you want me home as much as possible. So, once again...it can't be both. I could do more construction jobs, but...that would defeat the purpose." I nodded before kissing his forehead. "If you want me home more, we both need jobs."

"I completely agree. I guess, it's just hard to think about that right now when Matteo was just born. I mean, I am hormonal and everything. Just remember that when you are talking to me. I take things harder and I overreact. Oh, I also like cuddling and having sexy time a lot more." Matt liked when I said that. "Oh really?" Bending down to kiss him, I grabbed that back of his head and chuckled while teasing him. "God, I missed this."

Matt smiled at me and nodded when he heard Antonio walk downstairs. "Sorry to disturb guys, just wanted to let you know we are back from driving." I turned to look at him and nodded. "Thanks for letting us know." Antonio then looked at us. "Do you guys want burgers for lunch?" Matt nodded and smiled. "Well, I have a cheeseburger and Big Mac from McDonalds." Matt smiled. "I'll take the Big Mac, you okay with the cheeseburger babe?" I nodded and smiled.

Antonio looked at us. "Want me to bring it down?" I turned to look at Matteo and then shook my head. "We'll come up. It won't take long. I need to exercise a bit anyways. Not going to get on my feet again without stretching a little bit." Antonio smiled and nodded before going back upstairs. I then turned to look at Matt. "Just go put him in the crib. We won't be long and this house has walls that are paper thin. We can easily hear him upstairs."

Matt bit his lip and sighed. "I'll set up the iPad as a baby monitor okay?" Gabby nodded. "Good idea, but the phone in the basinet. But, we need a crib soon." Matt nodded again before going to get up. "Order one on Amazon. Should be here today. I have prime." I nodded and smiled as Matt got up, making his way to the bedroom to put his phone in the crib. "I'll order it on Amazon after lunch okay?" Matt finished putting his phone in the crib and nodded. "Let's go eat now."

I smiled when I answered the FaceTime and looked at our beautiful baby boy sleeping in his crib before grabbing Matt's hand and intertwining our fingers as we go upstairs together to eat.