Be Safe in There!

Matt's POV

After getting suited up, I walked over to Hermann and talked to him. "Hey Hermann." He turned to look at me and tried to get me back. "Matt, I get this is your place but...we got it." I looked at him. "Hermann, I am retaking my role from you for this fire. This is my home! Boden and Gabby both approved. So, stand down!" He nodded and then let me take charge. That's when I saw Gabby getting a little worried. Walking over to her, I went and grabbed her waist.

Gabby looked at me and grabbed my jacket. "Be safe in there baby." I nodded and then went to kiss her softly. "Trust me, I am not going to loose you right when I got you back." I looked down at Matteo and smiled, going to kiss his forehead before moving them away. "Go hang out with Brett and maybe help out on Ambo? Just don't overdo it." She nodded before letting me go.

I then walked over to Chief and looked at him. "All ready to go Chief, where do you want me?" Chief Boden turned to look at me and then pointed me inside. "Go do a search. However, you stay safe. Do not go to your apartment." I nodded before looking at my crew. "Suit up and let's go do a search guys!" We all put our masks on and then made our way into the apartment building. I just hoped and prayed that our apartment could be saved and be lived in.

Oh no, Gabby and Matt's building is on fire! Will their apartment survive? Find out next chapter.