Chapter 28

Matt's POV

Did I just hear that right, Gabby wants to wait an entire year before we get married again? I mean, I love her but...I want her to be my wife again like yesterday. I should've never divorced her. I feel like that was one of my biggest regrets. I am just hoping I can change her mind or at least figure out her reasons. And the reason better be good. I don't want to wait.

"What is the reason you want to wait an entire year?" I asked her. She looked at me and then pointed to Matteo. "Ring bearer needs to be able to walk down the aisle." I looked at her and thought about it. "Oh my god, that would be so cute. Matteo walking down the aisle with the rings. I'm so sorry, but we are waiting." I kissed her forehead smiling.

Antonio then looked at us. "Okay, enough with the smooch fest. I am just letting you know that I am going to be swinging by either tonight or tomorrow. I know you guys just got home but...I want to talk to you both. And yes, I realize that I gave you my blessing...." I interrupted him. "Okay, before you even try and said that...you didn't give us your blessing because I didn't ask for it."

Gabby then turned her head to look up at me, not impressed. "You proposed to me, without asking for my brother's permission?" I looked into her eyes, hoping that she would be okay with it when I realized she was not. "Okay, listen. We already said we were going to get married again. And that was before my proposal. So, baby...you basically proposed to me without getting my sister's blessing."

Gabby then looked at me scared. "God, you sister is going to hate me when we tell her."