House Hunting Round 2

Gabby's POV

As I sat on the couch with Matteo in my arms, I opened up the home search app I had on my iPad before going to look for homes. "Hey Matt, we going to do a house this time or another apartment?" Matt turned to look at me and then smiled. "I think we decided to try and get a house this time. Maybe with a pool? I wouldn't mind a fixer upper though."

I looked at him. "Why a fixer upper?" He smiled at me. "That way I can make it our dream home for you. I am a contractor after all. Wouldn't it be nice to really make it our home?" I smiled, liking the idea. "Okay, but I need a master bathroom. I am not sharing with Matteo when he gets older. I also need a nice big bath we can use in the winter."

Matt smirked. "Or that we can use in the winter." I knew what he was talking about and I couldn't help but smile at the idea of us taking a bath together. Someday we'll need to do that. That is going to be an amazing date night which me and Matt can do while Matteo is still young. "Minimum 3 or 4 bedrooms?" Matt thought about it. "At least 3 upstairs. We can put a gym in."

I turned to look at him, shocked. "A gym?" Matt smiled and nodded. "Gabby, I am not expecting another child unless we adopt. We can keep our options open but....the third bedroom upstairs doesn't need to be used to have another kid. We can make it a home office or a home gym. That way I can do my workouts at home with real weights instead of at the firehouse."

I nodded before looking at the prices of what we are looking for. "Wow, that's a lot of money. For what we want, we are looking at $1.2-1.6 million Matt." Matt bit his lip. "You choose what we loose. Maybe two bedrooms at least. And further away from the city." I vetoed that. "No way, you are not driving an hour to get to and from work, not happening. Apartment or duplex it is."

Matt stared at me, knowing not to start a fight. "Just go back to cooking and I will set this aside. We will look at it together when we are done eating." Matt nodded before going back to cooking so that we could talk and look at homes while we eat breakfast together.