Chapter 17

Matt's POV

After getting changed and making some lunch for me and Gabby, I walked in to see her looking through her side table. I had forgotten to empty it because it wasn't my stuff to throw out. That's when I saw her looking at pictures of us. I decided to join her so I could look at them too and give her something to eat. "Here, I made you a sandwich."

Gabby turned to look at me and smiled as she opened the covers. "Sit down with me." I nodded before getting in bed with her, wrapping my arm around her before putting the plate in her lap and closing the covers. Once we were comfortable, I turned to look at the pictures as well to see it was pictures of us on our wedding day.

"I completely forgot that I had these in your side drawer. I thought I packed them away in the closet in the guest room. I honestly didn't know what to do with them." Gabby laid back against me before turning her head, sighing. "What went wrong with us Matt? Why couldn't we have gone through the pregnancy together?"

I looked at her and sighed, kissing her forehead. "What happened was that I screwed up. I was selfish and pushed you away. I didn't want to risk loosing you just so that we can have a family together. But, in the end...I did end up loosing you because we didn't try and have a family. I am not going to make those mistakes again."

Gabby then rolled over to look at me, slipping close to me and hugging me. I then looked down at her, moving the pictures to the side before rubbing her arm. "Listen, you need to eat Gabby. Eat some lunch and then we can cuddle some more. We'll talk until we resolve everything. We will do this so that we can live our dream life, with Matteo."

Gabby smiled when I said that before moving back a little and grabbing the sandwich I made for her. She then started eating, making sure to eat the entire sandwich. She knew this was especially important now because, whatever she ate helped keep not only her health but, Matteo as she was planning on breastfeeding him for a few months.