Chapter 152

Antonio's POV

When I heard that this was the last year Diego had before he had to just work on passing school before concentrating on getting good grades, I was not happy. And I made sure to let him know that I was no pleased. "Pardon me?" He turned to look at me and knew I was not happy. "I think I heard you say something but, it wasn't clear. Do you need to make a correction Diego...or do I need to not sign that waiver allowing you to participate in sports? Like soccer and basketball!"

Diego looked at me scared, especially because those are the two sports he enjoyed the most. "What I meant to say is that I need to get good grades every year." I nodded at him. "Just finish eating and we will talk about this another time. Just remember, I'm your dad and I know everything. You may think you can get stuff by me but....I'm a cop. I know when you're lying."

Gabby chuckled when I said that. "God, you are going to make their lives hell." Antonio looked at me. "Please, compared to our childhood....these guys are having it easy." Gabby nodded at me and then sighed. "God, how glad I am to be raising our kids in Illinois. In this day and age, what life is like here is paradise compared to what it was like in Puerto Rico."

I nodded at her before turning to look at Matt. He then spoke up. "You know, I can't believe I'm saying this but....I don't think we've ever talked about your childhood other than the bullying quickly. I mean, none of it." He moved to grab Gabby's hand and then rubbed it. "And for that I am sorry." Gabby smiled at him before intertwining their fingers.

"Listen, I am not ready to get emotional about this okay? I am already hormonal and emotional as it is after giving birth. So, how about we just finish eating then we can play that game of Clue. And I am sure we need to start soon or else these two will want to change their minds." I turned to look at my kids. I saw they were about to argue but I gave them my signature glare.

"You guys really want to argue with that. I think I know you guys better than anybody." They both laughed and smiled, knowing it was the truth. "Just finish eating. Diego, it's your turn to clear the table. Ava, it's your turn to do dishes." They both groaned. "You know, I could turn off the WiFi tonight on your devices." That shut them up instantly, knowing I was a strict parent.