The Wedding Part 4

Gabby's POV

Half-way down the aisle, I started to feel a wobbly. I sighed and looked at Matt before rubbing his hand. He looked at me concerned. "You okay?" I nodded before looking at the wheelchair. "I need to sit down." He nodded and then let me sit down. Once I was sitting down, he passed me Matteo and took over from Maggie. "Go sit down Maggie, I got this." He then pushed me the rest of the way. I smiled when I saw Chaplain Orlovsky.

Once we got to the front, I turned to face Matt and then I saw him grab a chair and sit in front of me so that we are facing each other. That's when Chaplain Orlovsky started. "We are gathered here today before God to witness the marriage of Mr. Matthew Casey and Miss Gabriella Dawson. Before we begin, does anybody object to this union. Either speak now or forever hold you peace?" I glared at everybody, they better stay quiet.

They did and the Chaplain continued. "Matthew and Gabriella, as you sit before each other today....you are vowing to spend your life together in holy matrimony. You vow to work through the hard times and be there for each other during both good and bad times. A marriage is not just the union of two people but the start of a new stage in your relationship."

He just continued on and did his normal speech. I didn't listen and I am pretty sure Matt didn't either, we just stared at each other and I kissed Matteo's head. Once he was done his speech, we listened again. "Matthew and Gabriella, have you written your own vows?" We both looked at each other and smiled. "Yes."

I went first. "Matt, since we first met at 51....I have been in love with you. And over the years, my love has grown for you from a friendship to that of a wife. We have gone our separate ways but, we have always found our ways back to one another. This time however, I don't plan on letting you go. People are going to try and pull us apart but I am not going to let them. You are my now, my future and my forever. Matt, I love you and I love our family. You make me happy when I'm sad and you lift me up when I'm down. You are there for me even when I don't think I can count on your support. I already know you are an amazing husband so, let's make this last."

Matt smiled when I said that, ready to start his vows.