Chapter 9

Matt's POV

After walking out to everybody, I could see they were all waiting patiently for news. And I am sure some of them are desperate to see her. But unfortunately, she needed an hour to rest and just let Matteo sleep for a while. And I needed breakfast. As I walked into the waiting room, I could see all their heads turn to look at me excited.

The first person to speak was Hermann. "How's Gabby and the baby?" I smiled..."This time, I can proudly say that we are the parents of a beautiful baby boy, Matteo Andres Casey." Chief then came up to me and shook my hand. "How long until we can meet the little guy?" I knew this was coming. "Okay, slow down. Right now, Gabby is resting with her brother. Meanwhile, I am going to eat breakfast with my Truck and my Squad friends. She needs an hour to rest. That is an order."

They all looked at me, not happy. I then looked at them. "Guys listen, we are just coming to this reality. Gabby had a baby and survived. She needs time to process and rest. She was in labour for 12 hours and didn't give birth until 1 am. Then, she didn't get to sleep until 3 am before waking up again at 5 am. So right now, she's literally living on 2 1/2 hours of sleep? And trust me, you do not want to see her when she is sleep deprived and hungry."

They all looked at me and nodded. "Listen, just go relax or join me at breakfast. Except for Hermann. You sir are coming with me. So are you Boden. I need to talk to you both." Chief turned to look at me. "About what?" I looked at them and nodded. "Multiple things, both professional and personal." They nodded, still a little confused before following me to the cafeteria so that I can go eat breakfast while talking to them.