Chapter 72

Gabby's POV

After a while, everybody left and it was now just me and Matt. Matteo was fast asleep after another feeding and we were now waiting for Maggie to come back with our food that we ordered off the menu. It wasn't gourmet cuisine but it was okay for the circumstances. While waiting, all I could do is hold onto Matt as we relaxed in bed.

That's when I felt him start to kiss my forehead and run his fingers through my hair. "What are you thinking about Gabby?" I looked up at him and then sighed. "I am just ready to be your wife again." He stared at me, knowing that was a lie. "Gabby, that was not a smile on your face. You smile when you think about our wedding. And I don't care if it's a courthouse wedding."

I nodded and smiled while looking up at him. "I wish this wasn't our first date out of the house. I don't care that it's not with Matteo but....this is not what I want as a date. Us in a hospital bed, eating hospital food as a date?" Matt looked at me while wrapping his arm around my waist. "Then we won't consider this a date. When we get home, we'll have a nice date by the fireplace."

I nodded and smiled when he said that, liking the idea of having a fireplace picnic in our living room. I started dreaming of it while laying my head down on his shoulder again and closing my eyes. Matt then started kissing my forehead again, just like he always did when we were disturbed by Maggie. "Oh, sorry guys. I just came by with the food you ordered."

Matt nodded and waved at her. "Just been a long 72 hours. I like holding her like this anyways. It calms her down and gives us time as a couple." Maggie smiled at us before walking over and looking at Matteo. "Mind if I look at him? I haven't seen that baby Casey-Dawson looks like yet" I smiled when she said that. "Sure, go ahead. But Matt, let me roll over so that I can eat."

Matt nodded as he eased up his grip on me, letting me roll over in his lap so that I could sit back against his chest and grab the food off the table in front of me.