Apologies

Matt's POV

Before we got any further, I knew I had to apologize for our fight. Me and Gabby need to talk a lot of stuff out and really shouldn't be fighting right now. I need to be on her side and be supporting her, not fighting with her...especially when she is on bedrest and literally relying on me to do everything when it comes to taking care of both her and Matteo.

"I'm so sorry about our fight." I looked at Gabby and then kissed her forehead. "Gabby, I get the optics. We get back from you giving birth and I propose right away. I mention the words thank you for giving me a family and it seems more like a thank you than a proposal. I really never meant it to seem that way. I want to marry you."

Gabby nodded, leaning up to kiss me softly before rubbing my chest. "I know baby. And I'm sorry for making such a big deal about it. You just wanted to do it properly instead of with words at the hospital. You wanted to get on one knee again and give me the ring." I nodded before rubbing her back. "That's all I wanted to do. I wanted to do it right."

Gabby smiled at me and then gave me another kiss. "Well, you did an amazing job because you have me back and you are going to marry me again. But, I think we both owe it to each other to really make an effort on doing this wedding right. We are getting married a second time. And not that I didn't like our first wedding because it was us but....I want something better."

I nodded at her before rubbing her shoulder. "I get where you are coming from. I want to see you in a nice wedding dress, I want to be in a tux. I want to have your family from Mexico be there, and I might even do some surprises for you." Gabby smiled again before laying her head down. "Any hints you may want to tell me?" I wrapped my arm around her and smiled. "Surprises."

We smiled at each other when we said that before leaning in to kiss each other. I took her in my arms again and moved to roll over next to her, leaning over her to kiss her. She calmed me down as we started another kiss to make up after our fight before calming me down. "Just a kiss promise? No sex. I'm not ready yet." I nodded and promised, taking my time as we shared an amazing kiss in bed, hoping Matteo would sleep for a while and not disturb us.