House Hunting Part 2

Matt's POV
After hearing that Gabby might not be ready to purchase a house together, I got worried. Trying to calm myself down, I looked down at her and then asked her. "Are you not ready to buy a house together?" She looked up at me and then sighed. "It's not that I'm not ready...it's just the money part. Can we afford it? I mean, we have a new baby and we aren't working."

She had a point. We couldn't afford to purchase a house at full price. We would need to have a mortgage and that would divert some of our already stretched budget to monthly payments. And while it might be less than rent, the cost of a newborn when it comes to diapers, etc is enough to make up the different between the monthly payments and current rent rates.

I looked at her and then sighed while kissing her forehead. "Then maybe for now, we don't look at houses. We look at townhomes. Sure, it's not ideal when it comes to privacy but...it would be much less cramped than what we have here. 2-bedrooms and 1 bath? I mean, for now it's okay but...eventually we are going to want space between us and Matteo."

Gabby nodded before rubbing my chest. I could see she was getting stressed and decided to push her head up. I then moved down to kiss her softly, whispering to her. "Listen, let's put this on the back burner okay? Right now, you are on bedrest and shouldn't be stressing about this. It could cause you to get overwhelmed again and put you back in the hospital."

Gabby nodded as she laid in my arms before whispering to me. "Then maybe we should just watch tv and rest. I know that's boring but...it's all I really want to do. I have had a rough week and even though we slept here last night....I didn't sleep good at all." I nodded before kissing her forehead. "Something bothering you or something you need to talk about?"

Gabby nodded when I said that before cuddling up to me. "Let me just put my laptop away and then we can talk okay? We'll get through this Gabby, together." She nodded and let me go so that I could put my laptop away, shutting it off before moving it to the top of my dresser. I didn't want to walk back to the office because I was more concentrated on what was bothering Gabby.