Raising Louie vs. Raising Matteo

Matt's POV

Shit, what have I done. I just realized that I asked her to describe the difference she feels between raising Louie vs. raising Matteo. I just hope I'm not too late to take it back. "You know what, never mind. That was insensitive and I shouldn't have asked." Gabby looked at me and smiled. "It's okay. Honestly though, the one thing I like the most is just the reassurance that I'm not going to loose Matteo. The security of know I will always be his mom."

I smiled, definitely having to agree with that. "I feel the same way. Knowing I will always be his dad is something I am going to love. I am going to love it even more when he can run and we can do boy stuff together. I want to be a hands on dad." Gabby looked at me and sighed. "Not that I want to ask you this but...does that mean you are going to consider a career change? I know it's a lot to ask but...I don't know if I feel comfortable with your 24 hour shifts anymore."

I nodded and then smiled. "Honestly, I love being a fireman but...just in these few days I realized that maybe I can do something different. Maybe I can work on Casey Construction more. Try and make that my full-time job. Or I can go Part-Time fireman and Part-time construction? That is what I am thinking right now. But listen, no work talk yet when he is so young."

Gabby nodded. "We can put a pin on it for a couple weeks. But, I want a decision on our future jobs by the end of your paternity leave." I nodded before going to grab more food. "Maybe first, we should concentrate on a honeymoon we can take with Matteo." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Where were you thinking on taking me that is at the most a 2 hour drive away?"

I thought about it before smiling. "We could always do the cabin thing I mentioned...in Wisconsin?"