Chapter 105

Gabby's POV

As I sat in bed waiting for Matt to get back, I couldn't help but feel so stupid. We were having a great moment, trying to find a new place to escape all these bad memories when I said I needed to talk to him. I feel like, we need to talk about what originally drove us apart yet...we also don't need to because the thing that drove us apart is not a problem anymore because we have Matteo. But, like always....Matt knew me better than anybody and wasn't going to drop it.

That's when he came back, looking a little worried as he came back to bed. "Listen, if you don't want to talk and just want to watch tv...I am okay with that. But, I don't want stuff in between us this time. Us keeping secrets ruined our first marriage. I am not ready to do the same." I nodded and agreed with him. I was going to just push this aside and define it as post-partum depression but, I didn't know that this is. Might as well talk about it then.

As Matt got back in bed, I felt him move close to me and wrap his arm around my waist. I loved it when he did this because it made me feel safe, protected and loved. It was something I missed a lot when I was in Puerto Rico. That's another problem I am having. I am guilt ridden still and still don't understand how Matt has already forgiven me about hiding my pregnancy. That's something we have already talked about but...it's something I feel isn't truly resolved.

That's when I decided to bring it up. "Listen, I get you already told me that you don't resent me when it comes to hiding the pregnancy but....I have this feeling that was just to calm me down in the days after giving birth. But baby, I want you to tell me the truth now." Matt turned his head to look down at me and then nodded while grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. "There has already been distance about us when it comes to that topic but it goes both ways. I feel both resentment and regret."

I already understood what he meant by resentment by never truly understood regret. "Explain to me what you mean by regret?"