Chapter 157

Matt's POV

After opening a browser and going to look at the new apartment building that our landlord just build, I liked the sight. "Wow, this place is nice." Gabby couldn't help but smiled. "And look, there is underground parking and a fitness center in the building." I chuckled and looked at her. "And you said you wanted a house." She smiled at me. "Honestly, I just want our own place."

I nodded before slipping closer to her again. I then wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead. "Okay, so two beds big enough?" Gabby nodded. I clicked on the layout and smiled. "That looks nice. Much more open and modern compared to our old place." Gabby nodded before going to grab my hand. "However, look at the price. That's like 2x the old rent."

I nodded before kissing her forehead. "At least, it's two 2x the old rent you knew. It went up between the time you left and came back. That rent is just 1.5x the old rent I know." Gabby looked up at me. "Whatever, you think maybe he would be open to renting to us as old tenants of a complex that burned down?" I looked at her and then ran my fingers through her hair.

"Want me to call? I can see whether or not they are offering a deal." Gabby nodded at me. "Do it, that way we can see whether you can go look at the place tomorrow and FaceTime me." I nodded and smiled before grabbing my phone and going to call the landlord. "Hey, Frank. It's Matt Casey calling. I was the resident of apartment 1C." I then got up and walked away to go talk to him, hoping to get a new apartment. "I am calling about your new complex."