Chapter 16

Gabby's POV

As I made myself comfortable in bed, I couldn't help but remember the last time I was in here. The room looked a lot different and the bed didn't look the same. I went to lay down, putting my phone on the side table when I saw Matt walked in, carrying Matteo in his arms. "He still asleep?" I moved to sit up in case Matteo needed a feeding.

"No, he just woke up when I tried to get him our of his car seat." I saw him walk over to me before sitting down next to me with Matteo. Once he was sitting down, I looked at them both and grabbed Matteo in my arms. "Listen, if you need to relax here....join us in bed. I can take care of myself for a little bit." I was worried because I knew Matt was sleep deprived.

Matt looked at me before nodding. "I am tired and I will come relax. But, not until he is asleep in his bed there next to you. However, I also want to hold you in my arms. Yes, we did it in the hospital but, it's not the same. Here, we are in our bed and we can relax. We can talk and figure stuff out without being disturbed."

I smiled at him and nodded. "Matt, just promise me that you will give me a second chance. Promise that whatever happened before Matteo's birth can be forgiven. I know, I hid my pregnancy from you but...we made it, we have Matteo. Is there anyway we can just....not have to talk about it and concentrate on our family?" Matt stared at me and sighed.

"Gabby, I am not starting a fight with you when you just got home. Yes, it can wait. But....I feel like we need to talk. If we are going to get past our problems, we need to talk. And this time, we aren't just doing it to make our relationship better....we are doing it for Matteo. We are doing it for our family." I nodded, agreeing with him that we needed to talk.

"Listen, I'm gonna get changed into something comfortable. Then, I'll grab us something to eat before I join you. Do you want anything specific?" I shook my head and then relaxed. I then watched as Matt got up, walking away to the closet so he could get changed. I then thought to myself, scared....are we going to make it through my mistake?