Feeding Matteo

2:18 AM

Gabby's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sounds of crying. I knew right away what it was. Matteo and his latest feeding. Babies need to be fed every 2-3 hours at his age. This was his latest one. I was hoping not to need to wake Matt up but unfortunately, he had his arm around my waist and his head on my shoulder. I sighed, loving the feeling before moving to elbow him because I was not too happy about the fact he can sleep through the cries.

That's when I heard him complain. "Ow, what the heck was that for?" I moved out of his arms and then went to get up. "To get you to let me out of your arms. Oh, and a little bit of frustration." Matt sat up and looked at me, turning his lamp on. "What's got you frustrated? We have time to talk while you feed him so...let's talk. I'm not falling asleep."

I sighed, nodding as I picked Matteo up out of his crib before walking back over to bed. "Can you adjust my pillows for me? Just sit next to me." He nodded before getting my pillows set up. I then moved to get in bed, closing the covers before moving Matteo to my chest so that I could feed him. "God, he latches on so easily. I remember when Laura was doing this with Ava, not as simple."

Matt nodded and smiled as he rubbed Matteo's back. "Now, just curious. Why in the world did you find it necessary to elbow me in the ribs when he woke up?" I sighed and then looked at him. "I'm tired and was frustrated. It's not fair that you can easily stay asleep while he cries while I get woken up very easily when he cries because he needs food."

Matt nodded again before leaning over to kiss me. "Sorry I am such a hard sleeper. I promise though, I am going to do the feedings too." I looked at him, confused. "How?" He smiled at me and then nodded. "I added something to the Amazon order earlier tonight. I added a pump so that you can put your breastmilk in bottles." I smiled when he said that before moving my hand to his face. "I knew I loved you for a reason."

Matt chuckled when I said that before kissing me again. "Listen, I am going to the washroom. When he's done...let me burp him and then I'll put him in his crib. Just promise me that when you wake me up in a few hours....you do it by kissing me instead of by hitting me in the ribs." I nodded before letting him go to the washroom. I smirked while watching him walk away, seeing him put his hand on his ribs. I then looked at Matteo. "Look at that Matteo, even when I am not at full strength, mommy can still injure people just by hitting them in the right places."