Worries

Matt's POV

When I heard Gabby ask me if there was anything I was really worried about....I broke down. I felt so stupid starting to cry. I have been so happy recently....I didn't realize that I was also sad at the same time. Gabby consoled me while I cried and I appreciated that. While she wiped my tears away, I couldn't help but feel ridiculous.

"I feel so ridiculous. I mean, I have my dream girl and a baby boy but...I am crying." She looked at me and then rubbed my cheek. "Matt, talk to me. We have hours to talk." I nodded and then sighed. "I am worried. Worried to loose you, worried about our future and I am starting to re-evaluate my life. What my plans are for the future."

I saw Gabby look at me confused and scared. "I mean, yes...I am so happy to have you back and I'm already in love with Matteo. But, what happens if our problems can't be solved? I can't loose you again Gabby. You're my everything. And to be honest. That is not all I am feeling. I am also a little mad, and disappointed in you."

Gabby looked at me. I could feel she was getting scared because she started to back up. I stopped her though and then brought her close. "Gabby, I could've lost you for good. I could've gotten the call saying that you and our child died. Gabby, I love you with all my heart and I get you wanted this so bad and thought I didn't but...I needed to be there."

Gabby just let me speak, knowing I needed this. "However, I want to reassure you that I don't feel that way anymore. Now, all I feel is love and relief. I am so grateful that you put your life on the line to give me Matteo. I am grateful to have you back in my life. But, I want you to know that this can't happen again. Matteo needs his mom. Promise me that....if we decide to try again, you won't leave me in the dark. I want to be there next time if there is a next time."

Gabby nodded as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I then brought her into my arms and rubbed her back, kissing her shoulder softly. "I love you Gabby, and I am so happy that we are parents. We are going to figure this out. We are going to figure us out. Let's just take our time though. And you just relax. I don't want you to feel like you need to work."

Gabby nodded again as she leaned back and looked into my eyes, kissing me softly. "We're in this together." I smiled and nodded. "Forever." I then kissed her again, glad she is back in my life.