Chapter 32

Gabby's POV

I didn't really need water. I had a water bottle on my dresser. I just wanted Matt back in here so that we could talk. We have a lot to discuss before we even get to the fight we just had. I want to make this work. Even if we didn't have Matteo, I would've wanted Matt to give us another try. Now, I need to put in the work and get him to talk to me. And I especially hoped he would talk to me now because I saw he was crying when he walked in.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I looked at him concerned before sitting up a bit more, watching him walk over to me before trying to deny that something was wrong. He then gave in and sighed. "Here, move over. I need you in my arms again." I nodded, glad that's where he wanted me because I would rather be there than anywhere else.

After slipping over in bed, I saw Matt set my water down on my side table before getting in bed and laying back against my pillow. He opened his arms and signaled he wanted me to lean against him. Getting concerned, I moved close to him and then moved my arms around him. I then rubbed his chest while whispering. "What's wrong Matt?"

Matt ran his fingers through my hair for a minute before grabbing a t-shirt he found. "I found this in the clothes that Hermann sent us." I went to look at the shirt and smiled. "Now I know why you are crying, it's perfect for Matteo." Matt then kissed my forehead and sighed. "This was the exact t-shirt that I had previously bought when we got pregnant the first time."

I looked up at Matt and realized what memories it must've brought back. "Oh baby. I am so sorry. Hermann probably didn't know." Matt nodded. "How could he have. We never had our first baby. That's why I am so glad we had Matteo. And you know what, I am glad you are here in my arms. And that's where I want you to be. I'm so sorry about our fight."