Who is Naomi Graham?

Matt's POV

After a while, Gabby was quiet and wasn't talking to me while I was in the kitchen. I said a few things to her but she never replied. I just thought that she was in the middle of soothing Matteo or just dozed off in the middle of our conversation. Once the food was ready, I made my way back to the bedroom with two BLTs to see Gabby was still awake.

"Hey, I asked you whether you wanted anything as a side to your BLT...you never answered." Gabby turned her head and looked at me. "Matt, you weren't dating anybody when we got married again were you?" I looked at her, shocked that she would ask something. "What?" I didn't know where this was coming from. But, I was not happy. I gave her the food and went to sit next to her. "Gabby, I promise....there's nobody else."

Gabby saw me get in bed again under the covers and then sighed as she grabbed her food. "Then who is Naomi Graham?" I looked at her and then knew why she thought that was an ex-girlfriend. She wasn't someone she knew and wasn't a firefighter. She's a political consultant who was trying to get me to run for state representative from Chicago.

"She's a political consultant from Springfield. She saw how I ran for political office in the past and they need a new candidate for this district at the state level. We have been talking for a while. I haven't made up my mind yet and she is trying to convince me to do it. However, I am not too sure anymore." Gabby looked at me. "Matt, you would do great in that job."

I sighed and then moved to slip close to her and Matteo. "My chance is gone. I can't do it now. Not when the situation has changed." Gabby looked at me again, really confused. "What do you mean by that?" I looked at her and then moved to rub Matteo's head before kissing it softly. "I am not alone anymore and don't have the time to run a political campaign."