Chapter 96

A Couple Hours Later...when Antonio's Family is Gone

Matt's POV

I smiled as I walked into our bedroom, seeing Gabby get a hand from Maggie to get in bed. "Here guys, how about I help?" Maggie turned to look at me and smiled. "Listen, I was just going to let her relax. I talked to the doctors and she was cleared to go home today so...I am done as the nurse. However, she is on bedrest again. Matt, take care of her but...I can visit if required." I nodded and smiled before going to hug her. "Listen, how about I let you out?"

She nodded before following me to the door. "Thanks again for your help today Maggie. Not just here around the house but with the wedding too." Maggie smiled at me. "Congrats again on everything now, go enjoy your time alone. Just don't overdo it. She's resting." I chuckle at her. "Sorry but, it's the wedding night tradition." She smiled and nodded as she grabbed her stuff before leaving to go home.

After locking up, I make my way back to the bedroom to see Gabby resting in bed. "You look exhausted and like you just want to go to sleep." She smiles at me and then sighs. "I know this is probably not the wedding night you wanted." I shook my head. "Gabby, all that I needed today was to become your husband again. That's all I wanted. Today was a great day."

Gabby looked at me, not so sure. "Even with all the drama." I smiled and nodded while getting in bed with her. I then leaned over her and kissed her softly. "Even with all the drama." I then grabbed her neck and smiled, taking it slow with her as I brought her close to me. "Tomorrow, let's just relax here okay? I don't want to be disturbed when I am holding my wife."

She chuckled and smiled. "I am going to have to get used to hearing you call me that again." I nodded and then smiled, kissing her forehead. "Get used to it fast because you are going to be hearing it for the rest of your life." I smiled and nodded while looking at her and then wrapped my arms around her waist. "I love you, you know that right?"

She nodded again before tugging the covers up. "Let's just go to bed okay? Long day with a lot of drama. All I want to do right now is sleep in our bed for the first time in a long time." I nodded and smiled when she said that, kissing her one last time. "Goodnight." She smiled and nodded while rolling over in my arms, holding my hand as we fall asleep for the night.