You Called my Son Illegal!

Matt's POV

"By calling my wife illegal, you called my son illegal!" I continued and she tried to interrupt. "Matt..." I wasn't having any of it. "Matteo is your nephew, your flesh and blood. You called him, my son, your nephew illegal. I'm sorry but you have gone way to far. You went to far when you called Gabby illegal! But you ruined your chances at ever meeting your nephew when you called him illegal!" I was pissed and not having any of it.

Christie then reached for my hand to try and calm me down. "Matt, calm down." I pulled away. "I want you off my property. I want you gone." She tried to get me to stop. "Matt, it's just us now." I shook my head. "I will still contact you to speak to Violet. She will know her cousin. Because, unlike you...she isn't a racist bitch. I used to think you were like mom. No, you are like dad in so many ways. Sure, you aren't physically abusive but...words hurt way more."

She just listened to me, knowing I wasn't going to give in. "So, listen...you go back to Florida where it's all sunshine and roses, and where your local firemen aren't gorgeous latinas because in your mind, they can obviously only be servants from Mexico. My wife is a firefighter who puts her life on the line everyday. Her brother is a cop who is one bad gun fight away from dying. They are willing to die for their country. And I love them for that."

I then decided to add on the kicker, knowing that she votes Republican. "So, go back to your Republican friends....and keep saying that immigrants don't love our country. Go ahead and be a hypocrite. But just remember this. Every time you say that, you know you are lying because your sister-in-law and my brother-in-law are both first responders who are willing to die on the streets of Chicago...one of the worst cities when it comes to gun violence...to protect people like us."

Christie was just stunned when I said that, reaching out for me...she tried to say something but I just turned around and went inside. I slammed the door behind me and then locked up. Unable to control myself, I just leant against the door and then slipped down to the floor crying.