Peace and Quiet

Matt's POV

After 30 minutes, I was done eating breakfast and on my way back from the cafeteria to Gabby's room. That was until I saw the gift shop. In the window, there was the cutest outfit and I knew it was perfect for Matteo. I walked in and went to buy it, hoping Gabby would like it. Once I was done shopping, I finally made my way back to the room to see Gabby fast asleep.

That's when I saw Antonio just relaxing in the recliner while Matteo slept in his bed. "How long has she been out for?" He looked up at me and smiled. "She just got to sleep like 10 minutes ago." I nodded and smiled before looking at Gabby, loving the sight of her fast asleep. I then looked at Antonio, "Think I can talk to you in the hallway?"

He nodded, agreeing to join me out there. We had to talk. There was obviously some words still to be left unsaid about everything in me and Gabby's history. While Gabby was asleep and resting, I thought this would be the perfect time to take a minute with Antonio. Closing the door behind us on the way out, I moved to lean against the wall.

Antonio then spoke first. "What did you want to talk to me about?" I was nervous because this was her brother, the man whose trust I thought I'd lost. "Listen, I know you are protective of Gabby. I understand that you probably, deep down resent me and are worried for her. But, I promise you right here...right now, I love her."

Antonio nodded at me and smiled. "What do you guys see doing when it comes to co-parenting or are you guys really going to give it another shot?" I nodded, looking at him. "I want Gabby, not just now but forever again. We both made mistakes last time in our marriage. And this isn't me asking for you blessing but, when the time is right...I want to marry her again."

He smiled when I said that, knowing it was coming. "I completely get that. However, this time around...you are not doing it at the courthouse! You are doing it somewhere we can invite our family from Mexico and where I can walk her down the aisle." I smiled, nodding. "We are in complete agreement there. Now, I'm gonna go be with her."

He nodded and smiled, watching me walk back into the room so that I could be with Gabby.