Could Dad have Done This?

Antonio's POV

When I heard Gabby ask me whether our father could've done this to her building, I was shocked. I mean....sure he didn't like Matt but, could he really have done this to Gabby? To Matteo? I mean, the part of me that's his son is saying no but....the detective in me is seeing way too many red flags when it comes to this. But I mean, Arson?

I was about to say something when Gabby spoke up. "You know what, never mind. Dad and me are just in a bad place now and my mind is sleep deprived. There is no way dad did this." I sighed before looking at her. "Gabby, I hate to say this but....I am going to look at this in the eyes of a detective. And from my perspective, there are just too many coincidences and red flags."

Gabby looked at me like she was relieved. "Oh thank god, so I'm not the only one seeing the red flags. I thought I was going crazy. Thank god you believe me." I smiled and nodded. "Listen, I don't want to cause you stress so how about we work on this together? Me, you and Matt. This can be something we can figure out. Matt will want answers too."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "Think you can talk to your contacts at CPD? I know you're in the intelligence department but...you must have some connections there that investigate arson. I know that Kelly already had this idea in his head when we spoke at the apartment but...I have a bad feeling that this is going to turn into a criminal matter very quickly."

I looked at her and nodded. "Listen, you need to talk to Matt about this. Don't keep him in the dark. Right now, go take a nap and rest. You've had a long day. I will help Matt but the stuff away and organize things. Then, we can all get together for supper and we can talk about this. I don't want you stressing about this so, let me and Matt work on it."

Gabby then looked at me. "Oh, I am helping. That's final. If dad did this, I want to be the one to nail him. He isn't going to get away with this very easily. The person that did this put me and Matteo's life at risk. If that's dad then....he is going to get it from me." I nodded before hugging her. "Deal, we will work on it together." She smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"When Matt gets back can you help him bring stuff down? I want to go rest before he comes back. Oh and just order us a pizza for supper tonight. I am tired and don't want anything fancy." I nodded before looking at her. "Sure thing, talk soon." Gabby got up and smiled as she walked to the bedroom, ready to relax. Meanwhile, I made my way back upstairs as I waited an hour before Matt got back so I could help him bring stuff in.