Matteo Andres Casey

Matt's POV

After 12 long hours, my long journey to fatherhood was finally over. At 1:18 AM on August 30, 2020....me and Gabby welcomed our 7 lbs 8 oz son, Matteo Andres Casey. He was now fast asleep on my chest as I sat in the corner of our recovery room, seeing it was 5 in the morning. The doctors told us that he looked perfectly healthy and there was no defects. I was enjoying some skin to skin contact with him as I kissed his forehead when I heard Gabby.

"Hold onto him tight. I am not sure whether I am going to do that again." I turned to look at her and smiled. "Hey, did I wake you up?" She smiled at me before moving over, wanting me to join her in bed. "No, I've been up for a while. Just watching you hold our son." I smiled while looking at her before deciding to get up. I then made my way to the bed, handing Matteo over to her before taking off my shoes and joining her on the bed.

I watched as she held him close, already falling in love with him as we both just stared at him. We didn't care that it was the middle of the night, all we cared was that he was here with us and healthy. He slept like an angel for a few more minutes until he woke up, hungry. He started to cry like crazy and Gabby just moved him to her breast, starting to feed him like it was second nature. I smiled as we both looked at our miracle, kissing his head.

"Gabby?" I watched as she looked up at me. "Yeah Matt?" I smiled while wrapping my arm around her. "I meant what I said earlier last night. I really do love you and not just because you made my dream come true. I know this is fast but....I want us to be a real family. So, from now on....I want you to move back in. I want to wake up next to you every morning and go to bed with you in my arms every night. Let's try again and work this out."

She smiled at me and then nodded. "I wouldn't want it any other way. I want to try again too. Not just for Matteo but, for us. I love you Matt and I want us to be together again." I smiled at her before nodding as we laid there together as a family. "We are going to be, I promise. And you will be my wife again someday, I can guarantee you that. I am never letting you go again." She nodded while listening to me before turning our attention back to our son, our miracle.