Chapter 24

Gabby's POV

An hour after 51's visit, Matteo was one again napping in our bedroom when I came out of the shower. It felt good to clean up after giving birth. However, when I came out it was really quiet. Almost too quiet for my liking. That's when I came out to the living room to see Matt crying while holding the gift we got from Boden. I got concerned as I walked over to him. "You okay?"

Matt turned to look at me, wiping his tears. "Yes, I am just overwhelmed with emotions right now. Between the gifts and the joy of a new baby...." I looked at him, interrupting him because I knew it was a lie. "Matt, we both know that is complete BS. So, you want to try that again and not make me this hormonal woman mad?"

He sighed while patting the seat beside him. I then went to sit down and grabbed his hand. "Matt, what's wrong baby? Talk to me." He sighed and then rubbed my hand. "I don't know if I can put this gift we got from Boden on the wall. I mean, I love the gift...it's adorable but, it's completely against what our motto is. My badge has to stay off the wall."

I nodded, realizing what he was talking about before kissing his arm softly and holding him close. "I understand. Maybe we don't have to hang it up. Maybe we can put it on a dresser or something? Matt, I get you are scared. I am too....we have a newborn baby and we just got back together. Yes, you need to work but...we may need to talk about something."

I saw him turn his head, looking a little mad. Before he could say anything though, he stopped and nodded, kissing my forehead. "Give me time. I don't know if I'm ready to give up being a firefighter." I felt him wrap his arm around me and then rubbed my leg. "I promise though, I am going to stay safe. You are not going to lose me. I am never leaving my miracles."

I saw Matt smile and nod before feeling his lips on my head, feeling much more relaxed. "Listen, how about we go lay down in bed? I missed having your arms around me. I want to rest in your arms and feel you kiss me for a bit." He smiled at me when he said that before grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. "I need to give you something anyways." I looked at him confused, just deciding to get up and follow him back to our room.