Chapter 21

Matt's POV

After an hour of resting with Gabby, I decided to get up and walk a bit. That hospital bed was not very comfortable. Stretching my back felt really good and it also gave me a minute to check on whatever everybody brought. I looked in the fridge to see that Severide used my spare key to bring us some meals. He probably didn't cook them though, it was most likely Cindy. That's when I heard some sirens and saw some lights outside. I recognized them right away, it was 51.

I then heard little Matteo crying. "Oh c'mon." I then heard Gabby yell. "Matt can you get him?" I sighed, feeling conflicted. I decided to get him for Gabby first, running into our room before walking over to the crib. She looked at me confused, having just woken up from a nap. "What do you think woke him up? What noise did you make?"

I looked at her and then sighed. "I didn't make any noise. You can blame that on Station 51. I just saw them pull up with sirens on. So, I am going to have a word with them. Want to come out when they are in here? They probably want to meet Matteo." She looked at me and then nodded. "Help me out to the couch. They are going to get a piece of my mind."

I laughed, knowing what she meant by that before walking over to the bed and helping her up. I then let her go and smiled. "How about you walk to the couch? I'll grab Matteo and bring him to you. Then I will deal with our friends at the door." Gabby nodded and smiled, walking out of our bedroom and out to the living room to relax. I then made my way to the basinet and reached down to grab Matteo, carrying the crying boy out to the living room for Gabby.