Stay with Me

Gabby's POV

Once Matt left to go get other things for us that were more personal in nature, I saw Antonio get up. "Well, I am going to let you put this away. Go relax oka..." I interrupted him. "Can you stay with me Antonio?" He looked at me and nodded as he moved to sit down and wrap his arm around me. I cuddled up to my big brother and sighed. "I need my brother right now."

Antonio nodded and then kissed my forehead. "I'm here Gabby, just relax." I held onto him before smiling. "Thank you so much for doing this. I know you and Matt haven't been in the best place recently." Antonio sighed before kissing my forehead again. "We are passed that now Gabby. Right now, all that matters is me helping you guys. You need a place to live."

I looked up at him. "You also need space. We can't stay long and I promise, we won't. We were already looking at other places when the fire happened. We will try and fast-track that process and find a perfect place for us to live." However, Antonio wasn't having any of it. "That's not a good use of your savings. Gabby, please stay for at least a while. Don't do it too fast."

I knew Antonio wasn't going to give up. I decided to just drop the topic and not talk to him about it. Me and Matt would talk about it but, not with Antonio. We can make our own plans as husband and wife without Antonio's permission. But, for now....his place is great. "So, are Eva and Diego going to be here at all while we are here?"

Antonio looked at me. "Laura is going to keep them at her place so you guys can have space. I am going to go visit them there. It's all okay Gabby. You just concentrate on you, Matt and Matteo. You don't need this stress in your life." I nodded before looking at him. "There's another thing I wanted to talk to you about. You know how dad doesn't like Matt?"

Antonio looked at me, knowing where I was going with this. "Gabby, do you really think he would do that to you and Matteo?" I sighed and then looked at him. "Antonio, it can't be a coincidence that literally within a week of me giving birth and marrying Matt someone tries to burn down our apartment building."