Chapter 26

Gabby's POV

As I laid down in bed next to Matt, I couldn't help but stare at my engagement ring. I had mixed emotions about it though. Each time me and Matt got engaged and then broke up, I gave him the ring back. However, this was the third time wearing the ring. Could the third time be the charm? You know what, just forget it. I need to concentrate on what matters. Little Matteo.

Matt's POV

After having a little fun in bed with Gabby, I walked out of the washroom with a towel around my waist...having just showered since we went a bit too far for new parents. I just hoped that I didn't hurt her. I thought everything was okay until I looked at her. Call it intuition after being in love with her for so long but, I knew by the look in her eyes that something was bothering her.

"Gabby, I am going to ask you this and you are going to tell me the truth. What's bothering you?" She turned her head and looked at me, sighing. "Third times the charm right?" I looked at her confused as I grabbed some clothes to wear, getting dressed. "What do you mean by that?"

I looked at Gabby after getting dressed, moving back into bed before slipping close to her. She then grabbed my hand and sighed. "We have been engaged three times now. One, we never got married, the second one we got divorced. This has to be the one right? Our lucky one?"

I hadn't even considered that when she said to me. "Well, technically it's my fourth engagement if that's how we are counting." I said it jokingly but she didn't take it that way. "So, the third time isn't the charm for us...nice knowing." I knew I screwed up. I had to fix this as I watched her roll over. I put my hand on her waist and then sighed. "Gabby, look at me baby."

Gabby rolled over and looked up at me. "Gabby, this engagement is going to be different. You know what happened to Hallie. She was killed, she died. You...you didn't die and you gave me our miracle. Gabby, we are going to survive this and we are going to live a long life together."

I hoped that would cheer her up and it turned out it did, she smiled after I said that and started to kiss me. I then leaned over her and kissed her too, taking it slow with her when I heard her phone ring. I groaned before looking at Gabby. "Tell me who it is before you answer. I don't want to be disturbed right now. I'm having fun." She chuckled and nodded before rolling over to grab her phone. Checking the caller ID, she sighed. "It's my Brother. FaceTime."

I nodded. "Okay, sit up and grab your iPad instead of your phone." I moved to sit up in bed, waiting for Gabby to sit next to me so that we can talk with her brother.