Chapter 131

Matt's POV

As I walk into the bathroom, I look at Gabby as she stands there in my t-shirt and shorts. I notice that she looks tired and very stressed as I move to walk up behind her. "Hey, you okay?" Gabby sighs as she brushes her hair before turning to look at me. "Sorry I snapped out there. It's just..." I see her sigh and know what she is overwhelmed. "...a crazy, overwhelming day."

I nod while walking up to her and then move my hands to her waist. I then kissed her forehead, giving her some comfort as we try to adjust to our new situation. "Do you want it just to be us tonight? I have a feeling that you are overwhelmed right now and I don't want that for you right now. You just gave birth and I don't want you to get hurt or anything."

Gabby looked up at me and then sighs. "I feel bad for asking that though. I mean, Antonio wants to make us supper and it would be rude for us not to eat with him. I mean, he is doing so much for us." I moved my hand to her neck before rubbing her cheek. "Babe, our home burned down. You are allowed to feel overwhelmed and like you need to be alone."

Gabby sighed again before wrapping her arms around my neck. "I thought I almost lost you." I nodded as I rubbed her back, holding her close again. "I'm right here Gabby, I'm right here." Gabby nodded as we held onto each other for a moment before leaning back to look into my eyes. She then moved to kiss me before grabbing my hand. "I need time alone."

I nodded before grabbing her neck and kissing her forehead. "We both do. We have been overwhelmed with people for a few days now. I don't really think we've been alone much." Gabby nodded before rubbing my back. I started to feel tears on my shirt so I leaned back and looked at her. "Listen, go sit on the couch and cuddle up to a blanket. I'll go talk to Antonio."

Gabby nodded as hugged her one last time before walking out of the washroom to go sit on the couch. I sigh as she walks away before making my way to the bedroom. I decided to get changed into something comfortable before going to talk to Antonio so that, when I come downstairs, I can just go sit with Gabby. Once I was changed, I made my way upstairs to talk to Antonio.