Wedding Day Part 1 (September 2, 2020)

The Next Day

Matt's POV: After having that horrible fight/confrontation with my sister yesterday, I had to show Christie that I meant what I said and that I was going to marry Gabby. I called her last night to tell her my plans. I was going to Marry Gabby today. She could come and support us or be a bitch. I told her that this would be the defining moment. Either she could stay in my life or I lost her.

I was working with our friends at Chicago Med in the chapel when I heard Antonio walk in. We had talked the night before and he was willing to help me with this surprise. "Wow, when you said that you wanted to do the wedding ASAP, you really meant tomorrow." I turned to look at him and then sighed. "Did Gabby tell you about the chat we had with my sister yesterday?"

He nodded and sighed. "I hate what she said but, we have had to deal with it our entire life. Gabby wasn't too shaken about it." I sighed. "Well, I was. That was not my sister. And even though she was talking about Gabby, she was also talking about my son in a way. I'm done with her so...I am going to stick it to her. I am going to show her that Gabby and me are for real."

He smiled when I said that. I then asked him. "Did you let Stella and Severide into our place with the key I gave you so they could get everything? My suit, one of her white dresses and something cute for Matteo to wear?" Right when I asked that question, Severide and Stella walked in. "Did someone ask for something adorable for Matteo to wear?" Severide then continued. "Your suit?"

I smiled when I saw what suit he brought. He brought me my formal firefighter suit. The one which we wear to funerals and can wear to any formal event rather than a suit. "I am so glad you brought that one. Now listen, Gabby doesn't know. Stella...you are going to have to figure out a way to get her in that dress and Matteo in that suit."

Antonio then chipped in. "Tell her that it's a baptism I arranged to cheer her up. We are coming into the chapel anyways." I nodded and smiled. "Oh and Severide, I am sorry to say this but...I am going to have to change my best man for today." Severide looked at me, shocked. "To who?" I turned to look at Antonio and smiled. "Antonio, will you be my best man?"