Chapter 52

Gabby's POV

While Matt was gone getting the cot for me, I realized that I hadn't had a real breakfast yet. So, I decided to make some for me and Matt. I didn't care if I needed to be on bedrest....that can't apply to making food. Let's just hope that Matt doesn't get mad that I am making....

"What are you doing?" Matt said as he came back out of our room with my iPad, seeing me in the kitchen. "Baby, if you want food...you could've just asked." I sighed and turned to look at him. "I know, bedrest." Matt walked over to me, setting my iPad down on the counter. "Gabby, I'm sorry I didn't ask but you should've told me you needed food. You know what the doctor said."

I looked down and nodded, him referring to my stitches and the fact that this was a high risk pregnancy. After looking down, Matt stepped close to me and kissed my forehead. "Gabby, I just want what's best for you. Please, let me cook for you. Talk to me baby." I nodded and sighed. "I know, but I shouldn't be the only one spending time with Matteo."

He nodded before rubbing my arms. "Maybe I should take an hour before I start unpacking. Have breakfast with you and Matteo. Then, I can get the boxes. That's a good compromise right?" I nodded before wrapping my arms around him. I felt him kiss my head before whispering. "Anyways, we are going through the boxes together remember? So, you aren't going to be doing nothing right now. Trust me, this is something I am going to need you to take the lead on."

I leaned back and looked up at him. "Why's that baby?"