It's (Not) All Gone

Gabby's POV

As me and Matt held hands in the ambulance, I could tell he was heartbroken that we lost all of our memories and what we just got for Matteo. However, I didn't like when he said that it was all gone...because it wasn't. Nothing was gone because we are all here, safe and sound. And I made sure to tell him that. "Matt, that's not true. You're here, I'm here and Matteo's here."

He turned his head and looked at me, smiling as he moved to kiss me. I smiled as we shared a kiss before laying my head down on his shoulder. I then felt him wrap his arm around me when we heard Boden walk up to us. "Sorry to disturb guys but....we went back and looked at your place." I turned my head and looked up at him.

"We found a couple things. I think these were in your secure safe." I saw what he was talking about and I chuckled. "Of course, the passports and stuff." Matt nodded and then grabbed them. "Chief, thanks for helping us today but....unfortunately, I am going to have to stay on a see as you go when it comes to when I can come back to work."

Boden looked at Matt and then nodded. "No rush. Between Gabby giving birth and you having just lost your home, take all the time you need. Matt, your job will always be there. I will talk to the district chief and see whether we can support you a bit more when it comes to financial. You might need to find a new home."

Just then it hit me, I still need to call Antonio. He has no clue. I turned my head to look at Matt and then rubbed his hand. "I think I lost my phone in the fire. Do you have yours?" Matt looked at me and nodded. He went and gave it to me. "I have to call Antonio." He nodded before kissing my forehead again. "Here, give me Matteo and call him."

I nodded before giving him Matteo so that I could call Antonio.