You've Got me All Worried

Gabby's POV

An hour after starting the conversation with Mouch, I was now sitting on the couch feeding Matteo while thinking over everything I heard him say to me and Matt. The prices, the options, the benefits, the will he has to update. Then he asked whether I was going back and added the options when it came to sharing a policy to make it cheaper. This was not how I wanted to start my morning. Thinking about what would happen if I died. I just did that, now here I am again.

That's when I saw Matt walk over to me, sitting down on the couch and leaning back. He had just finished cleaning the kitchen and was tired again. I looked at him, taking a breath before talking. I was not happy with him and he was going to know that. "What the hell do you think you are doing going behind my back....talking to Mouch about life insurance before you even bring it up with me?" He looked at me and knew I was mad.

He sighed and then went to rub my leg. "I didn't want to scare you, make you think I was going to be less careful at work and possibly die on you." I looked at him and then tried to breath so that I didn't yell at him. "Matt, this could've waited til' you were back at the house. Babe, you are not going to be working for at least another 3 weeks. And even then, you are probably going to be much more cautious than normal."

He nodded before wrapping his arm around me and kissing my forehead. "You're right. It's just, I was going to be upgrading my insurance soon anyways so, I looked to see what other benefits I could get if I went another level up." I looked at him confused. "Why are you changing your insurance again?" He sighed again before looking at me. "When we split up, I went down a level to save more money since I was on a single income. But, I need to get more to protect you again since you are unemployed. That means I also need to add the family package and health insurance packages. Sure, it's more money but....I am not going to leave you uninsured when it comes to healthcare."

I nodded before whispering to him. "Listen, just give me a week okay? I just gave birth. Let's wait a week and then we can do it together." He smiled, agreeing with that decision when we heard a knock at the door. "Delivery!" Matt looked at me. "I got it. Cover up though." He went to walk over to door and smiled when I put a blanket over me and Matteo to give me privacy.