Chapter 39

Matt's POV

About an hour after our chat, Gabby ended up falling asleep in my arms. So, I decided to let her sleep in bed while Matteo continued to sleep in his crib. While they napped, I decided to go out to the kitchen and start one of the meals Cindy made for us while also working on Matteo's nursery. I had already bought some paint yesterday while I was out running errands and Gabby said she would be okay with them when we talked on FaceTime. That better be true.

Once I opened the can of paint, I moved to put it in a tray and then grabbed the paint roller. Slowly putting it on the wall, I moved to paint the accent wall based on a design I have on my phone. Luckily for me, it was so easy. This was not my first time doing it. Another thing I wasn't worried about was Gabby liking the nursery. I had previously used this design in a home I painted for a couple. One day, while visiting me on the job she saw the room and said she'd like it for us.

So, taking that note from the past....I hoped that was still true. That's when I saw Gabby out of the corner of my eye, in the washroom. Knowing she would probably want to see what I was planning for the nursery...I opened the door more to show her she can come in. And 10 minutes later, that is exactly what she did. I heard her walk in saying, "I wondered where you went to." I smiled when I turned to look at her. "Listen, just because you are on bedrest doesn't mean I am."

She nodded at me and smiled. "I just went to the washroom. I am going to go back and rest some more. Might listen to music or something. However, I want to let you know that I want to see a sketch of your design before you continue painting." I nodded before grabbing my phone. "Then come here for a sec. I have it on my phone." I went to open my pictures before walking over to her and then showing her the picture of the nursery she liked from one of my jobs.