Chapter 138

Antonio's POV

Once me and Laura made our way to the kitchen, I went to make us some cups of coffee. Even though we were divorced, we decided to be friends for our kids. That's why I was not too worried about telling her why Matt and Gabby are staying here. "Here, just like you take it." She smiled at me and then grabbed it. "Still can't believe you still remember my order?"

I smiled at her. "Laura, we've known each other for two decades. And we were together for half of that time. If I didn't know your order, I would say that our marriage would've been a failure." She nodded and smiled. "At least we got two great kids out of it." I nodded and smiled. "So, explain this all to me....since when are they back together, and why are they living here?"

I nodded, knowing that Laura only knew they were back together and they had Matteo. "They got back together when Matteo was born. They just got married a week ago after an altercation with my dad." She looked at me and got worried. She was about to ask for details but I stopped her. "Don't ask. It will make it hard around here." She nodded before sipping her coffee.

"So, they are staying here because their place burned down. It's currently under investigation as arson. And who just so happens to be on the suspect list? One Ramon Dawson." She stared at me in shocked. "You guys think your dad is an arsonist?" I nodded. "He hates Matt's guts. I told Voigt though. If he did this, I am personally putting cuffs on him. Me and Gabby both are."

Laura sighed. "I feel so bad for Gabby. I mean, she finally gets her dream life and now it's almost all taken away from her. If only her kid wasn't so young. Maybe then, I would invite her on this girls' trip to Minneapolis." I looked at her..."I thought you said it was a wedding?" Laura sighed. "They broke up when she found out he's already married with 2 kids in Canada." I stared at her in shock. "Wow. And we thought our marriage was complicated."

Laura chuckled and smiled. "Listen, I hope you really don't mind switching weekends. She just needs me." I nodded. "Go ahead, I promise to bail you out of jail if you decide to do something with the groom. No promises on helping you cover it up." Laura laughed and smiled when I said that. "I'll behave. We might just fly to Calgary and tell the other woman."

I chuckled and smiled. "If you do, get me a video. I need something to laugh about." Laura smiled at me again. "If you ever need adult time, I am single Antonio." I smirked when she said that and then went to grab her mug. "Get out of here before I get too excited." She smiled and nodded. "Have a fun time with your dad kids!" They both came out and hugged her one last time and smiled. I then went to let her out, ready to have time with my kids.

Once Laura was gone, I turned to look at Eva and Diego. "Diego, get shoes on. You need to start practicing for your permit." Diego looked at me and smiled. "Cop car?" I chuckled. "Nice try, my car. I am just going to talk to your aunt and uncle. Eva, you're coming too." Eva nodded before going to grab her phone to get ready. I smiled, ready to spend time with them when I went downstairs.