Date Night Part 4

Gabby's POV

After I navigated to the right part of the store, me and Matt started to look at stuff for Matteo. We found a whole bunch of cute toys and little outfits he can wear. We then started to look at the bathroom stuff and found the cutest towel at the same time. That's when we went to click on it together. I chuckled before looking at him.

"You go ahead. Obviously, we have the same taste right now when it comes to a towel." Matt chuckled before kissing my head. "We also have the same taste when it comes to people we love. Strong, brave people who are not afraid to put their lives on the line for the people and city they love the most." I looked up at him and smiled before laying my head down on his chest.

I felt him start to run his fingers through my hair. "You know what this reminds me of?" I sat there in silence and just let him talk, knowing he was obviously going to share a memory. "This reminds me of when we got back together right after you started fostering Louie. We sat together like this on the couch. But, instead of holding a tablet....we were holding Louie."

I sighed, thinking of that. "That was fun while it lasted." Matt then turned his head and looked down at me. "However, here is a really good thing about having Matteo. This time, he is ours. He isn't a foster child, he isn't someone we are trying to adopt. He is here for good. However, that doesn't mean I am going to not stay alert when he grows."

I smiled, thinking of that before whispering to him. "Eventually, one of us is going to have to be a full-time parent. He is going to grow up so fast. I don't want to miss the milestones." Matt then kissed my forehead before moving to kiss me softly. "Slow down, he is only a few days old. And Gabby, you don't have to go back to work anytime soon. We can make this work."

I smiled and nodded when he said that when I heard Matteo cry. "I will get him. I will feed him and then, I will come back. Just stay here. We aren't done relaxing out here." I went to kiss Matt one more time, smiling as I got up so that I could go to our bedroom to feed Matteo. "I'll probably be 30 minutes. Wait for me." Matt smiled and nodded. "Sure thing, see you soon."