This Looks like Arson

Back at the Scene with Severide.

Severide's POV

As I walk around the scene, I can't help but recognize some signs of arson at the foot of the building. At some corners it looks like traces of arson I've previously seen at other fires. I decided to take some pictures to show Gabby, thinking she can help with this because of her experience in arson. Hopefully Matt doesn't mind. I move to walk over to them before looking at Gabby. "Hey Gabby, I was just looking at something on your building. I took pictures."

Gabby turned to look at me. "What are you talking about?" I sighed, knowing she was mad. "Listen, I am going to show you something because I want to run my theory by you. You remember what you learned when you worked arson?" Gabby nodded and went to look at my phone. She then grabbed it and zoomed in to see a signature tell tale sign of arson which she's seen before. "This is a crime."

Gabby turned to look at everybody and then saw them moving to try and get close. "Chief!" She yelled before looking at him. Chief walked over to talk to her. "What's up Gabby?" She looked at him and then pointed to the people getting close. "I need this entire site taped up and get those people away from the building. I am not sure but....I think I recognize a mark on the building which Severide took a picture of."

I showed Chief the picture. Gabby then continued. "I remember it from my time in the Arson department. It's gang related. I can't say this because I am not CPD or Fire Marshall but, this could be a crime scene and we need to take the precautions necessary to preserve any evidence of arson. It's hard to prove but....I have a bad feeling about this. So, get this site closed...now!"

Chief didn't argue with her because of her experience. Gabby then turned to walk back over to Matt, feeling defeated and sad at the same time. They've been through a lot and it looks like their life is about to get a hell of a lot worse.