You Changing Careers?

Gabby's POV

When I heard Matt say that he was considering going back to work somewhere other than the firehouse, I wondered what that meant. So, I decided to ask him. "You're considering no longer being a firefighter?" Matt looked at me, sighing because he heard the excitement in my voice when I asked him that. However, I now knew that was not what he meant.

"Gabby, being a firefighter is in my blood. It's all I've ever known since I started working. So, I get that you are scared about me going back but...I am not changing careers. I am still going to be a fireman. That is something that I am not changing and I hope you can understand." I nodded, having known that already.

"When I was telling you about applying, I was talking about transfers. I was going to apply for a transfer. Either to a house that isn't as busy so that I can have less fires or somewhere that is closer to our new place. I realize now that asking you to settle for something that is close to work is a little selfish. We deserve our dream home so...let's look around."

I smiled at him and nodded when he said that. "Then that means you need to call somebody." Matt looked at me confused. "Who?" I smiled. "You need to contact our former landlord and tell him that we are planning to move out. I am sure he is going to be offering us a place in the new building he is making like two blocks from our old place."

Matt then looked at me and smiled. "I actually saw ads for that online and looked at it. It's actually quite nice and there are some apartments that are quite big. I wonder if he would give us a deal if we ever wanted to move in there." I looked at him and nodded. "Bring up the website and see what they are building. If it's modern and nice, I might consider it."

Matt nodded and smiled as he went to grab his iPad so that he could show me the website.