Shower Part 2

Gabby's POV

As we stood there in the shower, I smiled when Matt was done washing us both because we were now just holding each other. We weren't talking....we were just enjoying a quiet moment together. Since we got back together, this was the first moment we were truly alone for over a year. I moved to look up at him when I started feeling his hand on my scar.

I looked down at his hand, watching as he ran his fingers down the scars that I still had from giving birth. However, I was not ready for him to touch it and felt a little bit of body shame when he touched it. To make myself feel better, I grabbed his hand and moved it to my back...knowing he would bring it up the moment I did that.

"Gabby, why can't I run my finger down your scar?" I sighed while looking up at him. "I guess I am just feeling body conscious. You haven't ever seen me this big before. I mean..." Just then he interrupted me with a kiss. "Yes, because we never saw a pregnancy through to the end. That's why. Baby, you are this big because you gave birth to our miracle."

I smiled as I moved my hand to his chest and then cuddled up to him, wrapping my arms around his back before tearing up. "God, I hate these hormones." Matt just held me and ran his fingers through my hair. I then spoke up, "I mean, I am supposed to be this strong firefighter mom. Yet right now, I am a hormonal new mom." Matt leaned back and grabbed my face.

"That is completely normal. I remember when Christie first gave birth...I really didn't recognize her. She was so weird and paranoid. That's totally normal." I nodded before moving to kiss him softly, running my hands up his chest while he rubbed my arms. "Thank you for making me feel beautiful." He smiled at me and then rubbed my cheek. "That's because you are beautiful!" I smiled when he said that and then went to kiss him again, falling more in love with him.