Chapter 29

Gabby's POV

When Matt said that I basically proposed to him without getting his sister's approval, it made me think of something. The fact that his sister is going to hate me. I mean, how could she not? I broke his heart, left him and divorced him to work in Puerto Rico. Then, after a one night stand we had at a fundraiser here in Chicago (where we slept together), I got pregnant and didn't tell him until he found me in the hospital giving birth.

Matt looked down at me and then ran his fingers through my hair. "My sister is not going to hate you. She loves you, we both know that and I doubt that is going to change when she learns that you put your life on the line to make me a father." I sighed and looked at him. "Matt, you are leaving out a big part of our story. The part where I got pregnant and didn't tell you? I mean, Antonio...back me up here. Imagine I was your brother and I was in Matt's position."

Antonio sighed and looked at us. "I am not getting in the middle of this. I still have mixed feelings on you going to Puerto Rico alone in the first place. But, I am not going to talk about that because we are putting that behind us. You are now parents, you are back together and you are going to be getting married in front of our families in a church." Matt then looked at Antonio. "What do you mean mixed feelings about Puerto Rico."

Antonio stared at Matt and then cleared his throat. "Matt, we both know that I was mad that you didn't go with Gabby. I don't want to be mad about it now that she is back but...I can't help it. Gabby was in Puerto Rico, alone and was potentially endangering her life while she was pregnant. I get you didn't know until yesterday so, I can't blame you but....if you were there in the first place, you could've found out right away."

I turned my head to look up at Matt and then kissed his chest. "Antonio, that's enough. His life was here. I needed to go away. I came back for a charity even and we had a fun night together. I thought I was on the pill. And honestly Antonio, what are the odds that I get pregnant during a one night stand?" I then looked up at Matt, scared. "Hey listen baby, before you think about it. Don't you think I regret that night. It led to us having Matteo, please believe me."

Matt just stared at me and nodded before rubbing my back. "I understand babe. Listen, just relax. If I get mad and need to talk to you about anything, we will talk about it after you talk to Antonio. So just relax, talk to your brother and I will relax here with you. Once you are done." I nodded before laying my head down on his chest, going back to talking to Antonio while resting.