Supper

Matt's POV

Once Gabby moved to face away from me, we brought the food closer to us so that we could eat. Making sure Gabby as staying close to me, I moved my hand to her stomach (which was still a little round because she just gave birth to Matteo) and rubbed it while eating. I could tell that Gabby was smiling as a rubbed her stomach because I saw her face move. I could always tell how she felt even when I was sitting behind her.

I then moved to grab some food before whispering in her ear. "At least I get to rub your baby bump for a little while, even if it wasn't while Matteo was in there." Gabby chuckled and smiled before getting quiet. I knew I said something wrong and then whispering in her ear again. "Gabby, remember what I said....I am not mad. We are past that remember?" She nodded before wiping her tears and going to eat.

I then looked at Maggie who was holding Matteo in her arms while in the recliner before deciding we needed time again. "Maggie?" She turned to look up at us. "Yes?" I smiled at her. "As much as we love your attention and dedicated service....can we have time again? We've had a rough 72 hours and would like to spend as much time as a family right now." She nodded before going to put Matteo back in his crib.

"If you want, I can bring him to the nursery for a while." Gabby looked up at her and then shook her head. "It's okay Maggie, I want to keep him here. Makes me feel better if I can see him." She nodded before letting us have some privacy. I then moved to kiss Gabby's head and whispering in her ear. "After we eat, I want you to rest in my arms okay? I'll turn the tv on and we can just rest in silence. How does that sound?" Gabby nodded while going to grab some food.

I sighed while kissing her head, deciding to grab my food as well so that I could help Gabby rest.