Chapter 135

Matt's POV

Once we made our way out to the living room, I moved to sit down on a couch with Gabby. She instantly cuddled up to me once we sat down and I smiled. Feeling her close like this is what I enjoyed the most. After a long day of fighting fires, it was always the best way to come home. While we were married the first time, it's what got me through any bad day. It was the same this time around. Unfortunately, my first bad day since we got married was one of the worst days of our entire lives. It was something I knew would cause long lasting damage to Gabby.

I was thinking about asking Antonio if he could invite Jay here one night. I wanted to talk to him about PTSD and maybe get Gabby to start seeing a counselor again. I think we both need it. Loosing our home was horrible. However, I have been feeling like she has been silently suffering with PTSD for years but just hasn't shown it. We have been through a lot. Let's hope this is another situation we can get through together.

I finally snapped out of my thoughts when Gabby talked to me. "What you thinking about Matt?" Keeping my arm around her back as sat in my lap with her head on my shoulder, I turned my head to look at her. Moving to kiss her forehead, I sighed. "I think we should go see somebody." Gabby stared at me, not happy. "Matt...not right now." I nodded before grabbing her hand. "Gabby, we are going to have PTSD after this event, there's no way we won't."

Gabby was about to say something when Antonio came downstairs. "He is right Gabby. You are bound to get PTSD. This was a really traumatic event and I will definitely recommend that you think about talking to someone. Whether it be me or just Matt, you are so tense right now Gabby, it's scary." I sighed, trying to calm Gabby down. "Listen, we can talk about it another time. Right now, let's just relax....eat dinner and then we can just hold each other in bed."

Gabby nodded before moving out of my lap to grab supper. She smiled at Antonio, trying to put on a brave face as we made small talk. However, it became awkward after a while because we all knew we didn't want to talk. We needed time to process everything and just time together. I want to get through this with Gabby and be the man she needs. I plan to do that starting tonight.