Rookies 1 and 2

You ran along the city streets, pushing people out of your way as you saw a villain continue to run away from you. Said villain had just stolen about 150 million yen from a bank down the street. To make matters even better, the idiot didn't even have a getaway car. Meaning your first month as a pro hero just really took off for the better. The villain turned back to you and aimed a gun at you. The crowd gathering around you all scatters as he fired a round-off at you. You stepped in the path of the bullet and let it hit you in the arm.

You clenched down on your teeth and rolled forward to go after him again. The villain yelled and was about to fire another bullet at you until several bubbles descended down and covered his gun, his head, and his hand. However, that didn't stop you from running up, jumping and kicking the man in the face, and sending him to the ground. You got onto him with your body and used your mouth to pick up a sleeve to bring his hand down onto his back. A blue-tinted girl walked up to you from the crowd and knelt down beside you.

Bubble Girl: You need that arm checked out.

(Y/N): Thanks for the input. Now back off.

The girl knelt down in front of you and showed you her license. She then applied cuffs to the villain and got him on his feet.

Bubble Girl: I will admit, that was a pretty gutsy move, getting shot in all.

(Y/N): This is my case.

Bubble Girl: Relax. You'll get the credit you deserve. I was just helping, considering the fact your arm got shot. Speaking of, I think I have some medical supplies in here.

A quick clink sound went off, and you walked over to the villain and held his arms behind his back.

(Y/N): That won't be necessary. Thank you, though.

You began to walk off where you saw your boss, the number 50 Pro Hero Asura, and another man in a suit talking. They both turned and saw you approaching, with Asura giving you a smile.

Asura: Not bad, kid. But don't get shot next time.

(Y/N): Healing quirk. Remember? It was either get shot or let an innocent take the hit down the street. I couldn't count that variable in.

The man in the suit turned to the girl and nodded at her.

Sir: You performed admirably as well.

Bubble Girl: Anytime, Sir.

She walked up and stood beside her boss and watched you load the villain into a police van. When you did, you walked back to Asura and stood beside him. He placed a hand on your shoulder and gestured to the apparent other pro heroes in attendance.

Asura: Level, this is Sir Nighteye and his sidekick, Bubble Girl. He and I go way back. And right now, we need him.

Sir: More accurately, I need your raw power you both posses.

(Y/N): Gotcha. What's the Jon?

Sir: Stakeout and detainment of Dr. Mekanikku. While the Dandy Man himself would like information on the case, due to his already intense teaching style and other arrangement have prevented him from working against this foe. As such, we were asked to look into it. More details to come.

Nighteye began to walk away from the group. You cocked an eyebrow and watched the pro hero hurry away.

(Y/N): That's it? That's all we get? No coordinates, no nothing?

Bubble Girl: We still need to deduce Mekanikku's location. Once we have that, stakeouts can begin properly.

(Y/N): Why am I not surprised?

Asura: Level, cool it.

You nodded slightly. Bubble Girl walked up in front of you and offered up a smile.

Bubble Girl: I look forward to working with you.

You were slightly taken aback by the forwardness. You nodded to her in agreement.

(Y/N): Likewise.

Sir: Bubble Girl.

Bubble Girl: OH, right. (Calling out) Coming! (To you) I'll see you soon.

She then ran off and caught up with her boss. You watched as the girl and full-time pro left the scene. Asura playfully hit you in the back as he laughed a little. From there, he began to walk away with you quickly joining him.

The next few days went by with no contact from Nighteye or Bubble Girl. Then out of the blue, nearly a full week after the proposal, did you get contact from the duo. You personally were positioned along a street for a stakeout. So, when you finally got the coordinates, you got a move on during the stakeout day. You pulled up to the assigned building and used the wall to climb up to the roof, and quickly ran over to the ledge to stake out the target.

You heard some footsteps and quickly rolled around and got into an attack pose, ready to strike. Only then, you saw it was Bubble Girl walking over to join you.

(Y/N): Dear God, it's just you.

Bubble Girl: Just me. How's our target?

(Y/N): (She walked over to you) Fine so far. I just got here, so I can't say much.

You both continued to watch the building for some time now, expecting Mekanikku to make a move any second now. As the minutes ticked by, Bubble Girl deviated her attention from the building over towards you.

Bubble Girl: So, I take it based off of last week, you're a rookie?

(Y/N): Just started a month and a half ago. Why?

Bubble Girl: Nothing. Was just surprised they let 2 rookies on a stakeout mission together.

(Y/N): When did you start?

Bubble Girl: About 2 months ago. So just a little more experience than you. But I have been working with Sir ever since I was 17.

(Y/N): Impressive. Although, he seems like a hardass most of the time.

Bubble Girl: He can be tough, sure. But he is effective nonetheless. I'm honored to be a part of his agency.

(Y/N): Well, at least you found your calling pretty quickly.

Bubble Girl: What do you mean?

(Y/N): Nothing. Asura's kind of a hardass. But to be fair, he is the angry hero. It's just...I don't know. I kinda wanted my own agency a little faster, I guess. I mean, an UA graduate ranking within the top 10. You'd think that would call for something.

Bubble Girl: I'm sure you'd get something out of it soon enough. I believe in you.

(Y/N): You have only known me for about a week.

Bubble Girl: Still doesn't mean I can't believe in you.

You made a few hand motions with your arms, trying to adjust and piece together what she correctly said. You snapped your fingers and smiled.

(Y/N): Got it. (She looked at you, somewhat confused.) I'm not good with double negatives.

The next thing either of you knew, you guys were talking about life, your backgrounds, and your hopes and dreams. Of course, you still looked out for Mekanikku, but that didn't stop you both from having a natural conversation. As you guys were talking some more, a call came in from Nighteye.

Bubble Girl: Sir?

Sir: He's on the move. Prepare to intercept. Best of luck.

Bubble Girl: Right! (She gets off of the call and turns to you.) Ready?

(Y/N): Ready.

You both stood up, jumped off of the ledge, and began to hunt down the dangerous villain. You guys may have been rookies, but in the space of a Pro Hero, since when did rookies ever stop you from saving lives. And hey...you made a new friend off of the job. What was really the downside about all that?