First Time

You were never really one to become an avid swimmer. That was mostly due to your parents never really having the time to take you out and about for recreational activities when you were a kid. To you, that was never a bad thing. You focused more on school work and advancing your quirk's power. Your quirk allowed you to control magnets, using a lot of your energy, but nothing too bad. However, that would mean that one major issue hit you when you were asked to join in on a pool party with the rest of your class; you didn't know how to swim.

As you were gathering your stuff together for the day, your mother stood behind you, watching you a little. She had a slight look of concern on your face as you put your sunscreen into your bag.

Mother: Are you sure you want to do this? I would hate for you to be talked down to by your classmates.

(Y/N): It's alright, Mom. It's either I do this, or I lose some possible friendships. It would be best I do this. And with this, I can gang certain abilities my friends utilize.

Mother: You really want to try doing this?

(Y/N): Mom. I know what I have to do. Don't worry about it.

You offered her a smile and a nod. She sighed and nodded with you. The door knocked as you both looked down the hall. You smiled and turned back to her.

(Y/N): That's Tsu. I'll see you in a few hours.

Mother: Be careful!

You nodded and walked to the door and opened it to reveal Tsu and Uraraka.

Tsuyu: Hey (Y/N).

Uraraka: You ready?

(Y/N): Yep!

You smiled at the girls as you guys began to walk down to UA. The three of you have been good friends since the start of the school year, working closely with one another in combat trails. You were a fun trio, nothing too big. Eventually, you guys all arrived at UA safe and sound and made your way to the back by the pool.

(Y/N): So, what type of training are you guys going for today?

The girls looked at one another a little confused before turning back to you.

Tsuyu: We asked if we could use the pool for recreational activities. Did the guys have to come up with a different reason?

(Y/N): That's what Midoriya said.

Uraraka: Oh I'm sorry.

(Y/N): It's no big deal. Sure I can't have fun while I'm there.

The two nodded as you guys reached the back. Already a majority of the class were present. You made your way over with the rest of the guys to get started on training for the day. A few minutes after some warm-ups, the rest of the class arrived, including Midoriya, Mineta, and Kaminari. Once warm-ups were good and done, Iida blew his whistle and waved his hands.

Iida: Alright everyone! Get into the pool and get ready!

Fear washed over you. You slowly walked over to the ledge of the pool and looked down. You were a little fearful of what would come next. There wasn't much of a shallow end of the pool. That was when someone slammed into you and pushed you into the pool. You screamed a little as you made contact with the pool. You struggled a little to get above water as your inability to swim really took you over.

You thought you weren't going to make it until someone grabbed your hands and pulled you out of the water. You coughed a few times as you looked up and saw Midoriya and Tsuyu were holding you over the water. You coughed a few times and latched onto the side of the pool.