Punk Rock

Life in a super-human society had its perks. Several heroes and villains all running around, fighting, standing for justice and so on and so forth. But for you and your family, it was fine being simple lives, running a music show in downtown Musutafu, Japan. One morning, you were running your music shop, when you heard the door open. You turned and saw a girl walk in with a case in hand. And while it was cliche to say, but she was one of the most beautiful girls you had ever seen.

Girl: Hi. I'm here to pick up a guitar for Kyotoku Jiro.

(Y/N): Uh...(she cocked an eyebrow) Oh, right. Sorry. Yes, Mr. Jiro. Give me a second.

You walked into the back and came back out with a red bass guitar. You softly placed it on the counter and the girl looked over it. After looking it over a bit she smiled and looked at you. Her smiled widened and she nodded at you.

Girl: Thank you.

(Y/N): Not a problem. Love working for my father's friend.

Girl: Oh...you know my father?

(Y/N): Not exactly. My father is Kai (L/N). He's Jiro's bass player

Jiro: Kyoka Jiro. My father, as you probably guessed by now, is Kyotoku Jiro.

(Y/N): Well, pleasure to meet you. Tell your dad I said "Hi". Hope you enjoy the handy work.

Jiro: Will do. Have a good day!

She placed the guitar in the case, nodded to you again, paid and left the store. When the door closed, you sighed and smiled, slowly going in for a smirk. Your mind was racing when she walked in and out.

(Y/N): God, she's beautiful. (You slapped yourself) Focus, (Y/N)! You've got a job to do.

So, the rest of the day/week went pretty much the same for you. Work, school and so on and so on. It was nothing of serious concern especially since you got to practice your own guitar play. One Saturday, you were in the corner, playing on your bass as the door opened. Unlike previous days, your parents were here to help run the place, which meant you didn't have to attend to everyone in the store. As you were playing, you felt a presence looking down at you. You looked up and saw it was Jiro. You nearly stopped and did a spit take once you saw her.

Jiro: Didn't know you played.

(Y/N): Uh? Oh, yeah. Been playing since I was about 12.

Jiro: Been playing since 5.

(Y/N): Well, someone wants to one up me.

You laughed to yourself at the little joke. Jiro then sat down across from you and picked up a bass of her own.

Jiro: You know "Bass Battle"?

You gave her a look of astonishment until it slowly morphed into a massive grin. You then began to play the opening notes to the song. Jiro smiled with you and began to play the second bass of the song, the much more complex and aggressive side of the song. After a couple more seconds of playing through the song together, you both began to play in sync with one another, amplifying the sound throughout the entire store.

Some people inside the store did take notice and began to watch you both play. While you were fine with the attention, you could tell Jiro was a bit unnerved.

(Y/N): Don't worry about them. Worry about this.

Jiro: I'm not worried.

(Y/N): Oh really?

You purposefully began to play a much more complex bass riff against Jiro's. She quickly took up the challenge you both went off sync to have an improvised bass battle. The battle itself got a little intense as you both stood up and went to other sides of the small playing area to fully battle. As you continued to play, you could see Jiro was getting more into her groove and began to crush your skills with her own.