Sea Tip

After working for long and tiresome hours at the office, you finally had enough and opted in for a cruise vacation around Japan. Low and behold, you were able to somehow win the damn thing and got you but onto a cruise liner and took off for the great blue sea. You were relaxing along the upper deck with your sister since you decided to bring her along. There wasn't much to do around the place but it was nice to sit down and do nothing. Your sister glanced over at you and sighed in bored.

(Y/N): What is it now, Suki?

Suki: There's just nothing to do.

(Y/N): You're the one who's married with three kids! I thought you wanted to do nothing.

Suki: I said a break. Not being stuck here and bored!

(Y/N): (Sighs) Whatever. I'm getting something to eat.

Suki: Wait, (Y/N), that's not what I-

You didn't listen. You didn't want to listen. You were tired of work and just wanted some form of escape. And you thought it would be nice to bring your sister, but evidently not. ARGH! Whatever. You were just looking for the bar or some other restaurant just to get your mind off of-

You hit the ground with a thud and gripped your head. You had accidentally bumped into someone and sent you and whoever it was down to the ground. You slowly opened your eyes and saw it was a girl, a bit younger looking than yourself on the ground also gripping her head. Embarrassment quickly washed over you as you slightly panicked to yourself. However, you quickly took initiative, got up and offered her a hand up.

(Y/N): Sorry. Are you ok?

Girl: Oh, yeah. Guess we were both in a rush.

You helped her and got her onto her feet. You then realized she was in a sailor's uniform, the same as the other employees.

(Y/N): I didn't mean to harm a crew member.

She looked down at herself and slightly chuckled before she looked back up to you.

Sirius: Dont worry about it. Name's Sirius. First Officer.

(Y/N): Oh, Now I really feel bad.

Sirius: I wouldn't. Crew here are pretty sweet. Sorry, where are my manners. And you are?

(Y/N): Oh, (Y/N) (L/N). Must be kinda exciting, working on a ship like this.

Sirius: It can be. But most of the time it gets pretty boring. How about you? How did you wide up here on this fine day?

(Y/N): Oh, uh. Office job. Decided to get away from it all. So, you know...not nearly as exciting but-

Sirius: Psh. Who needs an exciting life? That means you're always on the go.

(Y/N): Yeah, tell that to my sister. Married, three kids, never gets a second to break.

Sirius: Well that's rough. But if she's making a good life, I say more power to her.

(Y/N): Yeah. I mean...yeah, obviously.

Sirius: Right.

You both stayed relatively silent, not knowing what to say and letting the awkward air fill you both. You cleared your throat which got Sirius' attention as she looked up at you with some surprise. That could have been attributed to the fact that you did cough pretty loud.

(Y/N): I shouldn't keep you busy.

Sirius: Right. I'll see you later!

(Y/N): Likewise.

Sirius and you smiled at one another before she quickly dashed off. You took a massive sigh and rubbed the back of your neck due to the conversation. You then heard the familiar clicking of a tongue and turned around to see your sister standing nearby, leaning against the wall. She walked over to you and shook her head at you.