The New Teacher

Your car rolled up to the school. You didn't know what to expect, but considering you were moving from the college level environment down to a high school level, you would hope that everything would be relatively ok. You walked into the school and up to the front desk. You were asked to being teaching at a local high school. Not a hero school, just one meant to go ahead and teach kids and get them prep for college.

You would be teaching English to the students. It also helped since you were from the UK, meaning you had a much higher grasp of the language compared to some other teachers. However, it was the navigation you were still having trouble with. You may have been teaching for about 5 years, in Japan 2, but it didn't help much that just roaming the halls confused you to no end. As you were running around, you turned the corner and almost bumped into someone head-on.

You quickly jumped back, as did the woman as you both had a shocked expression on your faces.

(Y/N) and Woman: Sorry! I didn't mean to-

You both stopped yourselves and laughed slightly at the sight. You cleared your throat a little before turning back to her.

(Y/N): I'm Dr. (L/N). The new English teacher here.

Rei: Oh! Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. Rei Todoroki. I'm a homeroom teacher here.

You both smiled at one another and shook hands. She then gestured to the space beside her and you two began to walk in pace with one another. She gave you a smile as you both walked up to the halls.

Rei: So, is this your first teaching job?

(Y/N): Not exactly. I've been teaching for 5 years. Here in Japan for 2. Really excited for this job. What about you?

Rei: Been teaching since I was 20. It's honestly a lot of fun sometimes. Despite how hectic it can be.

You smile with her as you both enter the teacher workroom. You were greeted by a few other teachers and welcomed into the school with some open arms. Honestly, it was a pretty comfortable opening few moments for yourself. However, you slowly diverted your attention back to Rei.

(Y/N): So, I take it I will more than likely be working within your classroom?

Rei: More than likely. Let me see your schedule.

(Y/N): Oh, right.

You hand her your papers and she looks them over. Rei smiles once she hands the documents back to you.

Rei: Yep. Just a little warning, sometimes they can talk back. Just show them some respect and you'll be more than alright.

(Y/N): I understand. Thank you for the assistance. Really.

Rei: Of course. Speaking of, we have a few minutes till the first bell. I'll let them know you are coming in today. You better be prepared.

Rei smiled and began to walk out of the room with some of her own papers.

Rei: Good luck today!

She walked away, almost a skip in her step. A slight blush appeared on your face as she walked away. Regardless, you shook your head and gathered up your things. You glanced down at your notecards and took in a deep breath.

(Y/N): Today's the day.

You waited for the go-ahead on your first period and got to work with a bang. Hours later, it was your break time. You returned to your lodge and sat down along a couch there. You sighed a little and whipped your forehead and looked over some of your papers. As you were looking things over, you glanced over and saw Rei step into the room as well. She saw you, smiled, and walked over.