Plant Girl

Owning your own botanist shop was pretty fun but could also be a little intimidating sometimes. See, owning any store could really be a challenge. One needs to look at the economy on a day-to-day basis, know what customers demand so you could supply it, hire enough employees at this little mom and pop shop so the business can run smoothly but not be too cramped and so many other factors to this. But at the end of the day, it could also be a pretty fun job as well.

One day, you had just opened up shop, and so business was a little slow in the wee hours of the morning. Still, you got your display case filled for the day, your morning employees should up on time. The store was cleaned up and everything was going great for today! You stood behind the counter and turned on your neon "OPEN" sign and wait for the customers to come filling in.

A few of your regulars were the first ones in the store. A couple who wanted new plants for their front yard garden, another few who were asking for advice about landscaping and decorating. A few landscapers also came in to get some plants for a few clients. Overall, business was going pretty good for your store. As your work continued to run, the door opened again and you saw a young woman walk into the store. She had long green hair and quickly moved over to look at some plants in the display case.

She was lovely to say the least. She moved like a gentle flower, and it was clearly evident to you she was a lover of nature as well. Still, you were shocked out of your daze when a customer approached you at the counter. You quickly assisted them and rang them up and waved them off once the purchase was made. You looked back out across your store and saw that the girl had basically vanished. You glanced around quickly, unable to see her at all.

You shook it off and continued to perform your duties for the next few minutes until you heard the bell on your counter go off. You put on a smile and turned back to the counter and nearly stopped yourself. It was her. The girl with the green hair. You cleared your throat and stepped forward to the countertop.

(Y/N): Hello. Did you find everything ok today?

Ibara: For the most part. I was wondering, do you have any of these?

The girl placed a photograph of a large red flower. You looked down at it and leaned in for a closer inspection. You then shook your head. It was something that you had never truly seen.

(Y/N): Sorry. I don't believe we carry that here. But I could get in contact with some people. We could try and get it in no earlier than next week.

Ibara: That would be fantastic! Thank you! So much.

You smiled at the girl and began to ring up her items. It wasn't much in terms of purchases, but hey, you didn't need that much to keep the store running.

(Y/N): Just to make sure you are notified when we get this item, contact information?

Ibara: OH! Of course.

The girl wrote down her name and phone number along with an email address. You smiled and nodded at her.

(Y/N): We'll do what we can to bring you this item, Ma'am. Trust us.

Ibara: I will. Have to say, this is one of the nicer botanist shops around the city.

(Y/N): Well, I'm happy you feel that way. Please, come again any time. We would love to have you back here with us.

The girl smiled and nodded at you. As she walked out, she gave you a wave and stepped out. You released a bit of your breath, still reeling from the girl. You cleared your throat anyway and looked back out across the store. As you did, one of your employees walked next to the countertop and gave you a smirk.

(Y/N): What is it Denki?

Denki: She was pretty cute.

(Y/N): You think that about almost any girl that comes in here. Now shut up and get back to work.

Denki: Just saying boss. I think she's into you.

(Y/N): Excuse me.

One of your female employees decided to jump in as well.

Reiko: Denki may be an idiot, but he does have a point.

Denki: Hey!

Reiko: She's been eating at that cafe across the street for the past 2 weeks now.

You looked out the window and saw the woman walk into the cafe. You then shifted your focus back to your employees and sighed out a little.

(Y/N): Back to work you, idiots.

Denki laughed a little while Reiko walked away in silence. You glanced out the window and looked out again. Maybe they had a point. Or maybe they were both just crazy, who knew the correct answer. Still, when you had a chance, you walked into the back and made a few calls. You had to get the photo this Ibara woman had given you into your systems to better send it to people.

So, you began to run from place to place, trying to get in contact with your people while also working on getting the shop up in tip-top shape. Because of that, the day was pretty more jammed pack than it was in the last few days. But that was never a bad thing. So, the days went on and you were finally able to get some info on the flower in question. So, you called on Ibara later on that evening to inform her.

Ibara: Oh that's fantastic!

(Y/N): Indeed it is. It should be in midday tomorrow.

Ibara: Great! I'll see you then!

You hung up and waited till the following day. Once you got the plant, Ibara was inside the store within the hour.

Ibara: You are a lifesaver.

(Y/N): Anytime. If I may ask what's this for?

Ibara: Wedding bouche for one of my friends.

(Y/N): Oh, that sounds lovely. I hope they have a great time.

Ibara: So do I.

You two stood there a little awkwardly.

Ibara: Would you like to accompany me to the wedding?

(Y/N): I...you just met me.

Ibara: I know. And I know it seems a little unorthodox to ask, but you seem like a nice person. So, I just figured it would be appropriate. There is a cafe across the street from here. Maybe you could think about it over lunch?

The blush on your face grew a little. You quickly shocked yourself out of it and smiled at her. You nodded a little bit and returned the smile to her.

(Y/N): Well, lunch doesn't start for another thirty minutes.

Ibara: I have time. My apartment is just down the block. I could run this off back there and quickly come back.

(Y/N): I could always carry it for you.

Ibara now began to blush. She cleared her own throat and smiled back at you.

Ibara: That would be nice, but I can handle it. Nonetheless, thank you for your offer. I'll be looking forward to our meeting.

(Y/N): Same here.

You and Ibara smiled at one another as she picked up the massive flower pot and began to walk outside the shop with little to no issues. You continued to smile at her as she walked down the street. Once she was out of view, Denki walked up to you and playfully elbowed you.

Denki: Told ya, boss.

Reiko: It was rather obvious for some time now.

(Y/N): Don't you two idiots have anything better to do than comment on my love life.

Denki: Other than the fact this is your first girlfriend and your first date, no not really.

(Y/N): I should really fire you.

Denki: But you won't.

You rolled your eyes and pushed Denki back into the store. He laughed and went back to work as did Reiko. You did have to admit, it was a really good day on your part then. You did just nap a date after all. And hell, your shop still stood up too. Overall, a good few days to yourself. What more could you ask for.