Dance, Dance

Signal Academy's annual spring dance was something all third and fourth years looked forward to when the time came for it. All accept people like you. You see, you were far from a "social" person and honestly, you couldn't care less about it and just thought it was a way for the school to earn some money in order to buy useless things like TVs around the school that display the weather and stills from your school year.

However, here you were, standing in front of a mirror with a white dress shirt and black suit and dress pants. You also had a (F/C) neck tie on as well. You sighed to yourself as you turned back and saw your mother giving you a smile with a camera in her hand. You pinched the bridge of your nose and groaned to yourself.

(Y/N): Mom. Why are you doing this?!

Mother: Oh stop it you. Shouldn't you be happy about this? You're last dance at Signal Academy. Come on, smile a bit.

(Y/N): Mom. I'm not smiling and I'm not caring. This is stupid. This entire thing is stupid. It's just going to be strop lights and terrible modern day music that I don't like. When will you realize that?!

Mother: Hey! We paid good money for this!

(Y/N): Hey, you wasted 10 bucks.

Mother: Hey, shut up! Now come on. The thing is going to start in about 20 minutes. Get your ass in the car.

(Y/N): For a mother, you really don't have a filter anymore, do you.

Mother: Shut up.

You rolled your eyes and got in the car with her. You never really liked disappointing your mom, considering that if you did, she would basically unleash the wrath of God upon you. The drive to Signal wasn't a long one by any means, only around half an hour. Still, it was a half an hour you hated so much. It was a long journey to say the least, you taking sighs and groans.

You could tell that your mother was getting more and more aggravated with you. You groaned once again and your mother slapped your arm.

Mother: Stop with that! You're doing this and that's final, understand!

(Y/N): Why are you so annoying?!

Mother: Because we want you to have a good time.

(Y/N): I would have had a better time home playing games than this!

Mother: Shut your mouth and just accept this. Please?

You groaned again and rolled your eyes. You continued to look out the window and watched as the scenery passed your car. Finally, you two got to Signal and your mother dropped you off, telling you she would be back within a hour. You rolled your eyes and walked into the dance. Low and behold, it was EXACTLY as you thought it would be. Music was blasting, people doing stupid things and just an unenjoyable mess.

You grabbed a small drink and walked on over to a corner and sat down in a lone chair. You drank the punch and watched as your fellow classmates just acted stupid. You sighed and leaned up against the bleachers and stopped caring. Then, you saw her...Ruby Rose. She was two years younger than you sure, but she did look rather dashing. You were somewhat in the same friend group as her sister, Yang, so you knew her personally.

You could see she was having a blast with her sister so, you guess she was having fun. Oh sure you did have a small crush on Yang but so did every guy in the entire school. Ruby however, was your bigger crush. She seemed so nice and lovable and she was just-

Ruby: (Y/N)! Hey, (Y/N)!

You were shocked out of your thoughts as you heard someone calling out to you. You looked up and saw Ruby was standing in front of you with a smile on her face. You still looked at her in awe but shook it off once she raised an eyebrow.