Arm Wrestle

Class 1-B life was the best and for several reasons. One of which was the comradery between you all and the fact that you all were close friends. Not even middle-school you could say that. Another reason was the fun you guys got to have with one another. Which leads to your current situation. You and your class were in an intense arm wrestling competition between one another and everyone was in on it. Currently, Tetsutetsu was crushing everyone but even with a bracket set up (Yes, this was a full-on tournament) it was still anyone's game.

You weren't watching most of the matches as your eyes kept drifting to one person in particular of your class, Itsuka Kendo. Kendo was the coolest person in the class, both in terms of charisma and in level-headedness. Smart, funny, kind and just really REALLY cool. You watched her takedown Monoma with her quirk and silently cheered as she successfully did so. However, you were brought out of your daze by Shishida patting your back to get you ready.

Shishida: Ready?

(Y/N): Yep. Who am I up against?

Shishida: Well, according to the bracket, it's me.

You slowly turned around to see him giving you a smirk. You gulped a bit and got up to get ready for a setup. You grabbed his hand as you two got ready for the arm wrestle. Ibara had set you both up and stated the standard rules and so on and so forth. Finally, she called it and you both went at it for the wrestle. You were pushing and pushing with more and more force while Shishida was able to hold his own.

You kept pushing but Shishida was able to keep up the pressure and slowly began to push you back. You began to push back with more force but it was to no avail. You were about to lose until you saw that Kendo was watching just behind Shishida.

Kendo: Come on, (Y/N)! You got this! I believe it!

The newfound determination, vigor, and support from your crush was enough to make you desperate to try again and succeed. You took in some deep breaths and pushed back against Shishida's hand and began to push him back to the other side. You heard a low growl and realized he was going to use his quirk to win. That was sign enough to let you know he was scared.

Taking into effect how long it would take Shishida to transform, the confidence given by Kendo and your sheer will to win, you took advantage and slammed your hand down and was able to claim victory. The second you did, you stood up and screamed in victory. Some of your classmates were happy for you while others were annoyed. You offered Shishida a handshake and he accepted it with grace.

Kendo walked over to you and playfully slapped your back. You gave her a smile and you both sat down together to talk.

Kendo: Nice going there, tough guy.

(Y/N): I mean, it wasn't much. It really all comes down to the wrist.

Kendo: I guess so. But some of it does come from the upper body.

(Y/N): Eh. That's a matter of opinion.

Kendo: Really? What makes you say that?

(Y/N): Says the girl who's won with her quirk alone!

Kendo: That's not true! I was able to hold of Monoma and-

(Y/N): You used your quirk and won the match.

Kendo: Or is someone jealous they don't have a flashy and muscle like quirk.

(Y/N): I am very happy with my eyes, thank you very much. These things saved you during the cavalry battle mind you.

Kendo rolled her eyes and placed her head on her hands to match some more arm wrestling. You were a bit upset at yourself, thinking you had done something wrong. However, rather than trying to remedy the situation, you chose to stay quiet and watch with her. Every few seconds, you would glance down at her just to get a view. However, against your better judgment, you decided to talk.

(Y/N): So, who do you think is going to win this all?

Kendo: Not sure. Maybe Bondo or Tetsutetsu. What about you?

(Y/N): Me.

Kendo: Wow. That confident?

(Y/N): Well, if I get the right crowd behind me, then I have a good chance.

Kendo: Public opinion doesn't always go that far.

(Y/N): In the world of pros, I say it does.

Kendo: Eh, I guess so. Hey, speaking of, who are you up against next?

(Y/N): I'm not sure. I think maybe it was-

Shishida: Hey! Kendo, (Y/N)! You guys are up.

You both looked at one another in shock and surprise. You shrugged it a bit and she set herself up to go into the arm wrestle. You clapped your hand against her own and you both get ready for the fight. You both got ready and took a deep breath and began. You both pushed back with equal force, trying to overtake the other.

Kendo: So...how about a little wager?

(Y/N): Go on.

Kendo: So, if I win, you go out and we get something to eat?

(Y/N): So, you asking me out if you win?

Kendo: Yes.

(Y/N): And what do I get if I win?

Kendo: That's for you to decide.

(Y/N): And that's for you to find out.

Kendo smirked and you both went at it in full force. You both pushed with extreme force against one another, resulting in a pure standstill. You began to turn your wrist to get Kendo off her game. It was working for a few moments until she began to use her remaining upper body strength to push back against you. You gripped the desk in order to hold out as you began to push back with greater force.

Kendo was a bit surprised at first but quickly adjusted and maintained her stand. Her hand then grew a bit to add to the weight against you. You pushed back even more until you felt like you were at a solid position that you both were even. At this point, the entire class was watching the match, yet none knew of the wager.

You friends started to route for you, her friends started to route for her and you both double your efforts. Eventually, Kendo grew her hand to be max size and pushed your hand down. Since her hand was larger, you basically slipped out of her grip and pushed back with your fist.

Kendo: Look who's cheating now!

(Y/N): Look who used her quirk to win!

Kendo growled and continued the war. You both pushed until you pushed with enough force and pushed her hand back, grabbed it and almost slammed it down onto the desk. Kendo had silently stung but was too caught up in your victory. The victory was of a similar response to you in Shishida, with half of the class excited and the other not so much. You got a small break so the rest of the matches could be finished.

So, you were in the back of the class, resting your hand. After a bit, Kendo walked over and leaned against the wall beside you.

Kendo: So, what do you want?

(Y/N): Anyone watching us?

Kendo: No. Why is that-

You kissed Kendo on the lips. She kissed back with equal passion as you both indulge in the kiss. The kiss was sweet and magical. You didn't know what else to do other than to keep up the kiss. You both broke apart and smiled at one another. You had nothing you could say or do other than just staring at one another. You placed your hand on her cheek and she smiled up at you.

(Y/N): So, that date?

Kendo: Yeah...I guess you're down for it?

(Y/N): Oh absolutely I am.

Kendo: Good to know. Sugar Bowl. I recommend that you aren't late.

(Y/N): Or you'll come after me?

Kendo: Maybe I will.

(Y/N): Good to know.

You both smiled again and looked back into lovingly into one's eyes. Afterward, you were called your match which resulted in Kendo slapping your butt before you went for "good luck". Either way, you still had that date and you still had a tournament to win